“Basic, clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Clarkston, MI
“Basic, clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This property was selected for me by the meeting that I attended. It is close to U of W hospital and med school. The lobby was very spacious offering several separate seating areas - nice for meeting people. Check in was efficient. The room was very basic, dated but clean. The mattress was very firm, bedding was a filled comforter with double sheeting. Lighting was on the dim side. Work area on desk was especially small and limited. The room had a Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom was really dated - old wall paper, low vanity and toilet. The toiletries were pantene products - but very miniature size. The room faced the street which made sleeping with the window open noisy. The heater/air unit was old school. There was an indoor pool that looked clean.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window open ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear KlenC,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate when any of our guests take the time to provide feedback on how we are doing and how we may improve our services.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, however we do apologize for any of our guest room features or amenities not exceeding your expectations.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again. Over the next year, several upgrades and renovations are planned and we hope they will exceed your expectations.

Again, thank you for your input and we look forward to your next stay.

J. Belmont
BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and the Highland CLub
2424 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53726
608.233.8778
jbelmont@inntowner.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rockton, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I needed a close place to stay while visiting UW Hospital and Clinics. Stayed one night to just sleep and return to the clinic. They offer a hospital rate and my stay was discounted about $20.00 upon check in which was a nice surprise. Lobby was clean, food area looked nice. Hotel room was average, nothing to fancy but not awful either. Perfect hotel to get away from stress of the hospital and to get some sleep. To my knowledge it is the closest hotel to the hospital, 2 blocks away, which is very convenient if thats the reason you're in Madison.

• Stayed November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights to visit family and attend the UW Football game. This is a central location and it offered the 2 Queen beds that we needed. The hotel was packed but the room was still quiet. The beds were very comfortable and we slept fine. We weren't there much but it had a nice looking pool and fitness center. Both were on the small side but looked adequate. All the employees we encountered were very friendly. Our room came with a full restaurant breakfast which we took advantage of on 2 mornings. There were a variety of breads and cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage,,potatoes, coffee, juice etc. There was a shuttle for the football game and local spots but we didn't need it. It looked to be running at a good pace to accomodate guests going to the game. Our only complaint was a bad internet connection. With a teenager, that was a negative.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear DeltaFlyer,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate when any of our guests take the time to give us feedback on any of our services and our property .

Let me apologize profusely for the internet not exceeding your expectations. We know that when traveling that this amenity is of the utmost importance for all of our guests, regardless of their reason for visiting. I know first hand what internet deprivation does to a person, and I wish to offer my most sincere apologies for the issue. Rest assured that this problem is being looked into very decisively and should be rectified in the near future.

We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience, and hope that when you next visit Madison, you'll allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to your return.

J. Belmont
BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and the Highland Club
2424 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53726
608.233.8778 x537
jbelmont@inntowner.com
Arvada, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff were extremely accommodating during my stay, but the internet access was putrid. Trying to get any work done in this hotel became absolutely useless because I couldn't send or receive the information I needed quickly enough. Instead, webpages loaded very slowly and many times caused my task to become impossible, Again, good staff, but the company must invest more in wireless technology throughout the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was in Madison on business for 2 nights and stayed at the InnTowner. The facility was nice, the breakfast was good, and I have no complaints about my stay. When I arrived at the airport after checking out of the hotel, I realized I had left my telephone behind. I called the hotel (on a phone borrowed from a kind passenger) and spoke to Emily Weiss at the front desk who made great efforts to find my phone in the lobby to no avail. She radioed Nick, who had driven me to the airport, and he pulled over to look for my phone as well. Finally, Emily contacted Fabiola Gonzales ,the Executive Housekeeper, who promptly went to my room and found my phone. The hotel took care of all of this in minutes... I was at a point where I needed to decide whether to return to the hotel to find the phone, taking a later flight, so Emily, Nick, and Fabiola's immediate responses were a God-send. Emily, the front desk manager, took my shipping and credit card information and even told me how much it would cost to overnight the phone to me via UPS.
Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've left my phone behind, but this was definitely the nicest and most helpful group of people I've ever dealt with in finding it. Thanks to you all!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am writing this to express my sincere gratitude to the staff at the Best Western Plus in Madison Wi. In particular, I would like to thank Emily the HR Administrator for her help retrieving an item I left behind. The room was comfortable and the location was ideal. I will probably be coming up to Madison again soon, and I will certainly consider staying at this Best Western Plus!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tanya R, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent business as well as your positive review. I have passed along the information to Emily. We hope to earn your business again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!