“Great place - bad internet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #26 of 62 hotels in Madison
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place - bad internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights to visit family and attend the UW Football game. This is a central location and it offered the 2 Queen beds that we needed. The hotel was packed but the room was still quiet. The beds were very comfortable and we slept fine. We weren't there much but it had a nice looking pool and fitness center. Both were on the small side but looked adequate. All the employees we encountered were very friendly. Our room came with a full restaurant breakfast which we took advantage of on 2 mornings. There were a variety of breads and cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage,,potatoes, coffee, juice etc. There was a shuttle for the football game and local spots but we didn't need it. It looked to be running at a good pace to accomodate guests going to the game. Our only complaint was a bad internet connection. With a teenager, that was a negative.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear DeltaFlyer,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate when any of our guests take the time to give us feedback on any of our services and our property .

Let me apologize profusely for the internet not exceeding your expectations. We know that when traveling that this amenity is of the utmost importance for all of our guests, regardless of their reason for visiting. I know first hand what internet deprivation does to a person, and I wish to offer my most sincere apologies for the issue. Rest assured that this problem is being looked into very decisively and should be rectified in the near future.

We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience, and hope that when you next visit Madison, you'll allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to your return.

J. Belmont
BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and the Highland Club
2424 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53726
608.233.8778 x537
jbelmont@inntowner.com

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arvada, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff were extremely accommodating during my stay, but the internet access was putrid. Trying to get any work done in this hotel became absolutely useless because I couldn't send or receive the information I needed quickly enough. Instead, webpages loaded very slowly and many times caused my task to become impossible, Again, good staff, but the company must invest more in wireless technology throughout the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was in Madison on business for 2 nights and stayed at the InnTowner. The facility was nice, the breakfast was good, and I have no complaints about my stay. When I arrived at the airport after checking out of the hotel, I realized I had left my telephone behind. I called the hotel (on a phone borrowed from a kind passenger) and spoke to Emily Weiss at the front desk who made great efforts to find my phone in the lobby to no avail. She radioed Nick, who had driven me to the airport, and he pulled over to look for my phone as well. Finally, Emily contacted Fabiola Gonzales ,the Executive Housekeeper, who promptly went to my room and found my phone. The hotel took care of all of this in minutes... I was at a point where I needed to decide whether to return to the hotel to find the phone, taking a later flight, so Emily, Nick, and Fabiola's immediate responses were a God-send. Emily, the front desk manager, took my shipping and credit card information and even told me how much it would cost to overnight the phone to me via UPS.
Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've left my phone behind, but this was definitely the nicest and most helpful group of people I've ever dealt with in finding it. Thanks to you all!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am writing this to express my sincere gratitude to the staff at the Best Western Plus in Madison Wi. In particular, I would like to thank Emily the HR Administrator for her help retrieving an item I left behind. The room was comfortable and the location was ideal. I will probably be coming up to Madison again soon, and I will certainly consider staying at this Best Western Plus!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tanya R, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent business as well as your positive review. I have passed along the information to Emily. We hope to earn your business again soon.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel prior to going for appointments at UW-Hospital/clinic. This is without a doubt the dirtiest, most worn out hotel we've ever stayed in!! It would do the community a real favor if this hotel was demolished, and either replaced by a parking lot...or a top-notch hotel, like Hilton Garden Inns & Suites. We usually stay in th Hilton properties which are always great, clean, reasonably priced, and very pleasant to deal with!

But this Best Western (better name = Worst Western) sucks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This review is b/c the people here were really nice. Jason, the driver for the hotel was kind and always available for free rides. He was full of information, always timely, and just an all around nice guy. I really appreciate how helpful he was and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering the room, I noticed that it was better maintained than the majority of best westerns I've been a patron of in the past.however, on an emotional level, it was so much more than just cleanliness. The concierge, Shayd, was one of most lovely individuals with whom I have come into contact. His impeccable service as well as his ability to connect with customers on a meaningful level was uncommon and, quite frankly, a breath of fresh air. I strongly recommend this hotel as long as this fine young individual is an employee.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!