“Extremely helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Madison
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Extremely helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was in Madison on business for 2 nights and stayed at the InnTowner. The facility was nice, the breakfast was good, and I have no complaints about my stay. When I arrived at the airport after checking out of the hotel, I realized I had left my telephone behind. I called the hotel (on a phone borrowed from a kind passenger) and spoke to Emily Weiss at the front desk who made great efforts to find my phone in the lobby to no avail. She radioed Nick, who had driven me to the airport, and he pulled over to look for my phone as well. Finally, Emily contacted Fabiola Gonzales ,the Executive Housekeeper, who promptly went to my room and found my phone. The hotel took care of all of this in minutes... I was at a point where I needed to decide whether to return to the hotel to find the phone, taking a later flight, so Emily, Nick, and Fabiola's immediate responses were a God-send. Emily, the front desk manager, took my shipping and credit card information and even told me how much it would cost to overnight the phone to me via UPS.
Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've left my phone behind, but this was definitely the nicest and most helpful group of people I've ever dealt with in finding it. Thanks to you all!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am writing this to express my sincere gratitude to the staff at the Best Western Plus in Madison Wi. In particular, I would like to thank Emily the HR Administrator for her help retrieving an item I left behind. The room was comfortable and the location was ideal. I will probably be coming up to Madison again soon, and I will certainly consider staying at this Best Western Plus!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tanya R, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent business as well as your positive review. I have passed along the information to Emily. We hope to earn your business again soon.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel prior to going for appointments at UW-Hospital/clinic. This is without a doubt the dirtiest, most worn out hotel we've ever stayed in!! It would do the community a real favor if this hotel was demolished, and either replaced by a parking lot...or a top-notch hotel, like Hilton Garden Inns & Suites. We usually stay in th Hilton properties which are always great, clean, reasonably priced, and very pleasant to deal with!

But this Best Western (better name = Worst Western) sucks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This review is b/c the people here were really nice. Jason, the driver for the hotel was kind and always available for free rides. He was full of information, always timely, and just an all around nice guy. I really appreciate how helpful he was and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering the room, I noticed that it was better maintained than the majority of best westerns I've been a patron of in the past.however, on an emotional level, it was so much more than just cleanliness. The concierge, Shayd, was one of most lovely individuals with whom I have come into contact. His impeccable service as well as his ability to connect with customers on a meaningful level was uncommon and, quite frankly, a breath of fresh air. I strongly recommend this hotel as long as this fine young individual is an employee.

• Stayed September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stay at the Inntowner frequently. The staff has been very friendly and helpful, making a concerted effort to help me out with the challenges of frequent travel. In particular Jerad, who has sorted out my complicated schedule more than once, Nick, and the other friendly front desk folks, and in the breakfast room, Melanie, and Jan. Also, a special thank you to Gade in the breakfast room for her quick action last week. I was very lucky that she saw I had dropped my cell phone and then found me immediately. Thank goodness for the staff at the Inntowner!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jengirl000
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hotel room was clean. Hotel is not new by any means and you can feel the age of the building when in the hallways but the rooms were very comfortable. They offer free breakfast in the morning. Manager was very friendly and was able to help me with my wireless internet that wasn't working correctly, except their wifi connection seemed very slow in the evening (probably a lot of people using at this time). Good location, The Blue Moon bar across the street was a good place to get a burger and a drink.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner & the Highland Club? Share your experiences!