“A good place to stop in Madison, WI” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Kent, United States
“A good place to stop in Madison, WI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stop here about once a year. Great cooked to order breakfast. Good value because it is a bit of a drive from the major interstate highways. This is an older building, but they recently added an elevator to service the second floor, and seem to keep the place in good working order.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
St Paul MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is hotel offers great value for the money spent. Large clean rooms, with an excellent breakfast. There is an attentive staff with knowledge to answer regional questions. A good location to make as a base camp when spending extra time in the Madison area.

Chicago Burbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable and surprisingly quiet. The only noise we really heard was in the corridors. Breakfast was hot, very tasty and FREE!! Can't beat that! If you need to be in this area, it's a good value.

Madison WI, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

To whom it may concern: I have requested a full refund of all charges for a stay at the Best Western Hotel at: 650 Grand Canyon Drive Madison, WI 53719. I arrived at the Best Western Hotel at approx. 12:45am on Wed 8/8 after driving 4 1/2 hours from Minneapolis, MN. The first room was I was given was completely unclean with the former occupants having moved out and no one cleaning the room after their departure. I immediatley left the room and went back down to the Manager's office. The manager was no where to be found.... I waited at the Manager's ringing the bell for over 20 minutes. I finally called the front desk from my cell phone and was told by the person who answered that he was in the Men's Room and would be out shortly. I voiced my displeasure at the fact that I was given a room that had not been cleaned. The person on staff reassigned me a new room. After hauling my luggage to complete opposite end of the hotel, I reached my new room, uppacked and pulled the comforter and blankets off the bed. The bed sheets were filthy dirty, matted down and covered with body hair! I am very unhappy with the outcome of a complaint I filed with Wisconsin Hotels.org regarding the refund of charges to Best Western. I ended up booking a hotel room at the Marriott off of Mineral Point Junction in Madison WI. Accorinding to the response I recieved from WI Hotels.org they apologized for any inconvenience this may have caused me. This has caused more than an "inconvenience" on my part. I travel for a living and have never experienced the lack of cleanliness or service that I experienced at the Best Western. I would go so far as to contribute this to insubordination on the part of the Best Western management team. Also according to the response that I received from my complaint to WI Hotels.org, an Inspector at the Best Western had inspected the bed sheets of the second room I was assigned to and signed off on them...... If this is actually the case, Best Western has bigger issues than just a room not being ready for me when I arrive. They have issues with the Inspector and the Manager of House Cleaning! The cleanliness of BOTH rooms that were offered to me was completely unacceptable! I will be contacting my credit card company and disputing the charges. I will be communicating to everyone I know about the experience I had with the Best Western as well as reporting my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I will also be communicating to everyone I know about the experience I have had with Wisconsin-Hotels.org as well as reporting my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Wisconsin-Hotels.org and Best Western had an opportunity to resolve this issue by simply refunding the charges to a room I did not stay in- Poor choice on your part.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

rst1108, General Manager at BEST WESTERN West Towne Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Brett,
I'm sorry to know about your experience at our Hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us, to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
I would be happy to refund the entire amount for your booking. Since you have booked with an online travel agency, they have to issue you the credit. And we will approve if they decide to check with us.
Thank you.
Morris, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

A nice big small city in the middle of beautiful dairy country. The hotel was clean, the beds very comfortable. Great hotel at a reasonable rate. What you see is what you get, including and excellent fresh made hot breakfast. Good location - very central with restaurants and shopping very close. Side door keypad didn't work which caused a lot of walking to get back in from the parking lot. We will be staying there again very soon. My motto is that if you don't remember much about your stay - that means it was all up to my expectations. I remember the breakfast -which was above my expectations

Room Tip: We stayed twice, once in July and once in August with rooms both away from the highway and on the hi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Morris, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great hotel at a reasonable rate. What you see is what you get, including and excellent fresh made hot breakfast. Good location - very central with restaurants and shopping very close. Side door keypad didn't work which caused a lot of walking to get back in from the parking lot. We will be staying there again very soon. My motto is that if you don't remember much about your stay - that means it was all up to my expectations. I remember the breakfast -which was above my expectations.

Room Tip: Had a room on the north side of the hotel and it was very quiet - faced to parking lots instead of t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Streamwood, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here overnight on July 14, 2013, booked my room through Expedia. Expedia charged my card for the room, I assumed for ALL charges! basic price was $99.98, TOTAL after all charges was $123. plus! Upon getting home, reviewed card charges and discovered another charge from Best Western West Towne Suites for $120.00!!! Called the hotel right away, they explained the error and promised a refund for $109.43. I asked for an explanation on why the difference and was told that they were applying a $10 charge for incidentals! It was explained that an "incidental charge" is for broken or missing items in the room!! I explained to the clerk that we DID NOT BREAK OR TAKE ANYTHING from the room!! He replied that this is a "standard charge" and that all hotels DO IT!! It does not sound like a legal policy, charging you for POTENTIAL pilferage. Seriously, what would you want to take from a hotel that would be worth getting into problems?? Looks like "legal" highway robbery!! The $10 is not a great amount of money, it is the principle about charging you for a NON-EXISTENT situation!
Needless to say, WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN and will not recommend this hotel ! NOTE TO ALL WHO BOOK HERE, REVIEW YOUR BILL FOR ALL CHARGES AND QUESTION ANY
"INCIDENTAL CHARGES"!

Room Tip: The room air conditioner setting were such that it got very warm before the AC thermostat activated...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rst1108, General Manager at BEST WESTERN West Towne Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
My apology that your card was charged when you had already paid to Expedia. Since we receive both types of reservations from Expedia. i.e. either paid to Expedia or Hotel direct, my staff did not realize that this was already paid to Expedia. I'm glad the error was immediately fixed on your call.

Evidently you misunderstood that we would charge for incidentals. We do not charge someone for what they do not owe us. Hotel systems would authorize a minor amount (in our case 10%) in addition to rent and tax to cover for incidentals if any. It is not a charge but a authorization hold. This hold for incidentals is immediately released at checkout. i hope this clarifies and i hope you give us another opportunity to make your next experience memorable.
Randee Talwar

Been to BEST WESTERN West Towne Suites? Share your experiences!