“Nice hotel, not far from the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Portland, Oregon
“Nice hotel, not far from the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I spent just one night here before flying out of Madison the next morning. The staff was very accomodating and let us check in to our room prior to check in time. I'm a Priority member as as always they had my paperwork all ready to go (which I love!). The room was quite spacious and honored my request to be on the highest floor (to avoid stomping feet of other guests). The furnishings were modern and up to date as I have come to expect with the IHG chain in the past few years. The Sunday breakfast buffet was quite nice as was the business center and pool area. All and all a nice stay in this Madison hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I appreciate your positive comments regarding so many different aspects of our hotel! Priority Club (the rewards program for all IHG hotels worldwide) is a wonderful benefit of staying at our hotel. Priority Club Rewards members earn 10 points per dollar spent here! And for those of you already raking in the points, you only need 20,000 points for your award night at our hotel! We offer a buffet breakfast as well as a full menu in our restaurant every morning, and you can join us in the bar and grill for dinner every night. Our business center and fitness center are available to guests 24 hours, and the pool and hot tub are open from 6am to 10pm for kids, with an extra hour until 11pm just for adults. Thank you for your loyalty and for choosing Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn at the American Center last week. Would definately stay again, Front Desk Service was Awesome, Had a couple older Guys at desk that were great and helpful and answered my questions, dont remember their names. The Young lady, can't remember her name either, cute girl, serving, the breakfast was outstanding and friendly as well. Would definately stay again, the people were real and not phony. I like that. The few people i encounterd checking out seemed happy as well. Will definately stay again when in town again for business.

• Stayed January 2013
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I’m glad so many of my team members made your stay positive and memorable! We have a number of different personalities that collaborate to accomplish the same goal of delivering an exceptional experience. I appreciate the time you took to let us know, and we all look forward to serving you again in Madison.
Burlington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm trying to continue to be a loyal Holiday Inn Prioirty Club customer, but they are giving me reasons to try another chain. It's the little things. I hate being greeted by a grumpy front desk. This hotel was out of conditioner (for your hair)...not a big deal if I know about it ahead of time, but I didn't bring any because I was expecting them to have it for me. I asked about more conditioner, front desk said they would check with housekeeping but they never called me back.

On a good note, the fitness center is more than adequate. It contains 2 quality treadmills and a nice Hammer Strength squat rack and barbell set. Great for Crossfit/P90X exercises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and continued loyalty as a Priority Club Rewards member. I sincerely apologize we did not deliver the outstanding service we strive to achieve. I will be addressing your comments with my staff to make sure we correct the weaknesses in the service we extended.

I’m pleased to hear you enjoy our professional, athlete-designed fitness center. Just like you mentioned, it features two treadmills, two ellipticals, two bicycles, free weights, a full set of dumbbells, and a few other knick-knacks to complete your workout experience away from home.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I'd return here if I were going to be in the area. Hotel was nice and clean - typical holiday inn. Service at the front desk (both at check in and check out) was a bit lackluster, but they were busy during checkout. Not sure the reason for the lackluster service at checkin. But... it didn't affect our stay. Didn't really do much at the hotel besides sleep, so I don't know anything about their restaurant, pool, etc. Location was nice (quiet). But the walls, as typical, are a bit thin. I don't normally complain or worry about that as I keep a tv on at all times in my hotel room. But it was enough for me to notice (maybe just a noisy few neighbors?). Anyways - if it is a concern of yours, you may want to inquire before making reservations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you, and I hope you do indeed return to Madison so we can demonstrate the great service we deliver and you can enjoy the additional amenities you missed out on. I would love to hear any comments or suggestions you have for really impressing our guests. We’ll see you soon, and thanks again!
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice hotel. A little out of the way from campus, but I think that is better
The bed was great! You can also order special neck pillows!
IT was very busy due to Homecoming weekend at UW, but staff was very accommodating
but we have stayed here before and usually it is very quiet
shower was large which was a plus- as it did not have a bathtub
Restaurant/bar on site- decent breakfast and good coffee!

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room- ask to not be facing the highway and also do not come on Homecoming/Hallow...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
The special neck pillow is part of Holiday Inn’s wonderful pillow menu! For your convenience, every bed comes equipped with two soft synthetic pillows and two firm synthetic pillows; however, for a more personalized touch, you have the option to choose a soft or medium down pillow or a neck pillow, based on availability. And to assist in getting a good night’s sleep, our double-paned windows help keep external noise out and your personal environment in.

Large, glass walk-in showers are available in our king bed rooms whereas our rooms with two queen beds feature a bathtub shower. Your preferences will help us determine the bed and bath combination that will suit your needs best.

I’m glad to hear my staff was able to meet your needs throughout the busy weekend! You are welcome to join us anytime.
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel! Clean, spacious room. Staff was very friendly and accomodating! I was there to attend an event in their conference center, which was lovely as well! No complaints! I will be back this month for another enjoyable stay! Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Such a wonderful review! Thank you! Award-winning hotel with award-winning staff, and now you know why! I will pass this on to everyone. Feel free to say hello when you come back. Thanks again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was driving through with a Uhaul and needed a place to stay. I saw the hotel from the expressway and it took a little while to find it off of the side streets (it is located in a business court). I did find it and was very impressed with the amenities for the price. Similar hotels in the area are priced at $169. My king sized bed room was $119. The hotel was very clean and the facilities were nice. The bedding and towels were clean and new. My only complaint was housekeeping. Check out in this hotel is noon. I fell asleep last night as soon as I booked the room, since I was traveling, and I forgot to put the do not disturb sign on the doorknob. Housekeeping was already knocking on my door at 8:30 AM. With the price and quality of the hotel, I would advise them to figure out a system to notify the housekeepers of early departures rather than relying on waking up the guest. Headset, call down to the lobby, anything. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through. I originally booked my room based on other reviews of hotels in the area, and this one had all positive vs. others in town with poor reviews of the quality for a similar price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your review, and I apologize for the trouble we caused with the early morning wakeup. The “Express Checkout” option that allows guests to leave without telling the front desk creates some difficulty for housekeeping and front desk to communicate checkouts. I will continue to evaluate the processes we have in place to ensure guests in-house are not disturbed by this procedure. I’m glad the other services and amenities offered at our hotel exceeded your expectations. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope you will join us again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center? Share your experiences!