“stayed here for Badger game” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 62 hotels in Madison
Minneapolis
“stayed here for Badger game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice hotel. A little out of the way from campus, but I think that is better
The bed was great! You can also order special neck pillows!
IT was very busy due to Homecoming weekend at UW, but staff was very accommodating
but we have stayed here before and usually it is very quiet
shower was large which was a plus- as it did not have a bathtub
Restaurant/bar on site- decent breakfast and good coffee!

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room- ask to not be facing the highway and also do not come on Homecoming/Hallow...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
The special neck pillow is part of Holiday Inn’s wonderful pillow menu! For your convenience, every bed comes equipped with two soft synthetic pillows and two firm synthetic pillows; however, for a more personalized touch, you have the option to choose a soft or medium down pillow or a neck pillow, based on availability. And to assist in getting a good night’s sleep, our double-paned windows help keep external noise out and your personal environment in.

Large, glass walk-in showers are available in our king bed rooms whereas our rooms with two queen beds feature a bathtub shower. Your preferences will help us determine the bed and bath combination that will suit your needs best.

I’m glad to hear my staff was able to meet your needs throughout the busy weekend! You are welcome to join us anytime.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel! Clean, spacious room. Staff was very friendly and accomodating! I was there to attend an event in their conference center, which was lovely as well! No complaints! I will be back this month for another enjoyable stay! Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Such a wonderful review! Thank you! Award-winning hotel with award-winning staff, and now you know why! I will pass this on to everyone. Feel free to say hello when you come back. Thanks again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was driving through with a Uhaul and needed a place to stay. I saw the hotel from the expressway and it took a little while to find it off of the side streets (it is located in a business court). I did find it and was very impressed with the amenities for the price. Similar hotels in the area are priced at $169. My king sized bed room was $119. The hotel was very clean and the facilities were nice. The bedding and towels were clean and new. My only complaint was housekeeping. Check out in this hotel is noon. I fell asleep last night as soon as I booked the room, since I was traveling, and I forgot to put the do not disturb sign on the doorknob. Housekeeping was already knocking on my door at 8:30 AM. With the price and quality of the hotel, I would advise them to figure out a system to notify the housekeepers of early departures rather than relying on waking up the guest. Headset, call down to the lobby, anything. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through. I originally booked my room based on other reviews of hotels in the area, and this one had all positive vs. others in town with poor reviews of the quality for a similar price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your review, and I apologize for the trouble we caused with the early morning wakeup. The “Express Checkout” option that allows guests to leave without telling the front desk creates some difficulty for housekeeping and front desk to communicate checkouts. I will continue to evaluate the processes we have in place to ensure guests in-house are not disturbed by this procedure. I’m glad the other services and amenities offered at our hotel exceeded your expectations. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope you will join us again soon.
Somerset, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed 5 days while in Madison for work. Very nice property. I had a 2nd floor single with a king size bed. Room was laid out very nice with ample towels. My room had a shower only, no bath tub. Ok for me but my spouse would not have liked that had she been along. Bed and pillows were great, very comfortable. Housekeeping staff did a great job keeping all areas tidy. Front desk staff was very nice and accomidating. Free coffee station in lobby with to-go cups and free USA Today news papers.

The pool looked very nice (I did not use it). The gym was huge for a hotel workout room (I didn't use it). The on-site restaurant/bar was very good (had dinner there twice, breakfast once). Nicer area of Madison (off of I94/I90), was never worried about my vehicle in the lot. There is security on site in the evening hours. WI-FI on the 2nd floor was very fast with a full signal. Huge flat LCD flat screen TV with basic cable and HBO. Nice new furniture and decore.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It’s nice to hear we may see you again soon! Our Simmons BeautyRest pillow top mattresses are an experience in themselves for delivering a great night’s sleep. Rooms have either one king bed or two queen beds, and as you mentioned, all the rooms with king beds have a wonderful glass walk-in shower, whereas the rooms with two queens have a bathtub.

The coffee maker in each guestroom is another great amenity for those early mornings, but you are more than welcome to come to the lobby to grab a free cup of coffee and USA today. In addition, the Seattle’s Best coffee kiosk opens at 6am during the week and 6:30am on the weekend if you would like a cappuccino, latte, mocha, tea, or hot chocolate to warm you up.

The island-themed pool and waterfall hot tub are enjoyed by kids and adults alike, and our professional athlete-designed fitness center is open to adults 24-hours a day featuring two bicycles, two treadmills, two elliptical machines, free weights, and a full set of dumbbells.
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel has very clean spacious rooms that are not cluttered. The staff was friendly and helpful and the price is right. Downtown Madison is about 15 minutes away and the hotel is only 5 minutes from the mall, and many other stores and places to eat. The pool was clean and the hot tub was the perfect temperature. The kids had a blast. I would stay again if passing through that part of the state for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
How wonderful to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us here in Madison, WI! My staff is dedicated to keeping the hotel clean and welcoming, accommodating your needs, and delivering exceptional service. The pool and restaurant provide convenient amenities right outside your door. And just like you mentioned, the mall, airport, and capitol building are an easy drive down the street. We're excited to have you here with us again!
Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel it was a great experience, The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating the bar service was outstanding, extremely friendly and attentive bartenders, the food was great we will stay here again on our next trip out West.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for joining us all the way from Ohio!

What's high in the middle and round on both ends? OHIO! (O-high-O) Haha!

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. Feedback is always welcome, and it's especially nice to present wonderful comments like this to my staff! Have a great day, and we'll be here for you the next time you're in Madison!
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Everyone was courteous and friendly and my stay was very enjoyable. Casie our banquet attendant was very professional and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The food we were served was exceptional and was more than what I expected and the bar staff was great also. Please congratulate your staff on a job well done.

I look forward to staying at your facility my next trip to Madison.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am glad you had a chance to experience our award-winning service, guest rooms, and meeting space! It sounds like you had a great night’s sleep in our Simmons BeautyRest pillowtop mattresses. And our meeting space can accommodate events from the smallest boardroom meetings to weddings with over 200 guests. I will absolutely share your comments with Casie, my kitchen, and my bar staff, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center? Share your experiences!