“Great Stay for the Business Traveler.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Countryside Corporate Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Countryside Corporate Apartments
You added Countryside Corporate Apartments to your Saves list
2801 Coventry Trail, Madison, WI 53713   |
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay for the Business Traveler.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

I was visiting Madison for a few months on business, and a friend of mine recommended Countryside Apartments. He had stayed there while building his new house a year ago, and said he enjoyed the experience.

It's actually in the perfect location, right between downtown and the west side, off the beltine. I thought it might be noisy, but its actually in the wooded Arbor Hills neighborhood, so you never hear or see the traffic. Its very peaceful and serene especially in the summer!

I could get to the Alliant energy center or the Monona Terrace, in less than 5 minutes by car. The apartments are very spacious, and furnished with absolutely everything you could need.

They have multiple brand new computer centers, with Windows Vista / Microsoft Office / Pentium Dual Core fully loaded computers, that are connected to their own private T1 line. Each master bedroom has a ethernet connection as well, and I got pretty decent wireless from my laptop (they have wireless coverage for all of their apartments).

The thing that made the stay the most enjoyable was their various unique amenities. They have an amazing DVD and VHS video library, with some of the greatest films of all time. Their property is pretty spacious so their are a lot of areas that are great for private BBQ's, or taking a walk, especially on their trails. I think they also provide free bike rentals for the trails, too, but I'm not sure.

Overall, for the price, location, space, and extra unique amenities, it was a great experience for someone who needed a home in Madison that was more than a hotel experience.

• Liked — Lots of Unique Amenities
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

A very satisfactory experience! I booked the one month stay over the phone. A little more involved than booking a hotel room but overall it was worth it. There were homey touches thoughout the apartment and throughout the property.
We liked the work out room and the wooded walking trail the most. Unexpectedly nice. The buildings are older but have obviously had a lot of improvements since they were built.

Prices were pretty decent in March since they have some kind of discount for the winter and spring.
I would reccomend Countryside Apartments without hesitation.
I will probably stay there next time I visit relatives in Madison Wi.

Stayed March 2007
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

My family stayed here for two months when we first moved to Madison and were looking for a house to buy. It was perfect for our needs and the management was very friendly and quick to respond to any requests. It was completely furnished, had lots of distractions for the kids and was much more reasonably priced than other "corporate apartments" in town. It is in a central location, on the bus line, and there are bikes available for residents to use for free. The maid service was a nice bonus. The apartments are older and a bit worn but we didn't have to worry about our young children damaging anything! We were very happy with our stay there.

• Liked — lots of amenities
  • Disliked — cigarette smoke (smoking is not allowed here but some people did it anyway)
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
world travellers
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2006

My husband and I were on an extended business trip to Madison, and found these apartments on the internet. The pictures and prices looked great - but in reality it was an awful experience!

We stayed at Landmark Place (rather than Coventry Trail - which appears to be better kept; perhaps due to the proximity of the rental office).

It is dark and depressing and there is an unpleasant smell as you walk through the entrance,

The apartment is supposed to have a weekly clean - but apart from the towels being replaced there was no evidence of a cleaning at all. I stayed home deliberately one day to observe - and the cleaner spent barely 10 mins in our 2 bed apartment. Emptied bins which were then washed in the kitchen sink!! And vacumed in a straight line in her path (no kidding).

When we moved in it was so disgusting that I went to walmart and bought a load of cleaning goodies and scrubbed up myself. There was wee all over the outside of the toilet, and pubic hairs in the bed - THE APARTMENT HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED AFTER THE PREVIOUS TENANTS MOVED OUT!!! Upon complaining to the office on the Monday were told: "we were really busy last week and didnt have time to clean before you moved in" - no apology or anything.
They also refused to waive the 30 days notice required, so we were forced to stay (or lose our money) before moving out.

The laundromat is also awful - the washing machines dont seem to ever get cleaned, and I got grease marks on many items of clothing. The tumble dryers are full of lint etc.

I will never stay here again!

• Liked — Excellent location - right on the beltline; near shops, resaurants, etc
  • Disliked — it was dirty, dark, and smelly
  • Tips/Secrets — dont stay here!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Countryside Corporate Apartments? Share your experiences!