“Great downtown stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Plover, WI
“Great downtown stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Brand new hotel, with modern looking decor. It has a great location to the University of Wisconsin Madison and to downtown Madison. The pool and hot tub area are very nice, plenty of room when there are lots of people. Price for one night was very reasonable. One thing, there is a charge for parking in the parking ramp, I don't know what other options there would be for parking, so I guess you have to pay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Stori4,
Thanks so much for all the kind words. We agree, our location is great! Being in the heart of downtown Madison is never dull, that's how we like it! I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious pool area, the design is definitely one of a kind. With regards to the parking, we are not the only option but our goal was to provide an affordable and convenient option. Thank you again for the thoughtful review. We hope to see you again real soon!
Happy New Year,
Michael and the team at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Only stayed one night but the location is perfect for checking out State Street. The gym was nice with all new equipment and the staff is nice. The free breakfast buffet was packed because it was graduation weekend so we didn't try it but it looked good. The room was good, standard high quality Hampton Inn room. Definitely would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013
HamptonInn-Downtown, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Tjacks019, Thank you for the great feedback! In addition to our convenient location, we take pride in providing the best amenities and services to our guests. Please tell all your friends and family about us- Better yet, bring them along next time you come to visit! We wish you a safe and Merry Holiday Season.

Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel itself is very clean and nice. The rooms are on the small side for the price. You're paying to be close to campus. The free breakfast is above average. Parking is extra. $12 per night when we stayed. No vending machines. You need to go next to the lobby to get a pop or chips. Overall very good, but not a value.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear William M,
Thank you so much for the review! Our staff does an excellent job keeping the hotel spotless, I will certainly pass along your feedback. We agree, our location right by campus is an asset. Our breakfast attendants work hard every morning to put out a good variety of food for our guests. As for not having vending machines on the floor, you raise a good point. We're evaluating that and your comment will inform the conversation. I hope the indoor parking, though for a fee, was a convenience and appreciated at some level. Please contact me at luehrs@raymondteam.com at your convenience so that I can better follow up on your valuable feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nice place, great location; but I prefer a few other places in the area that are just as nice, less money, and with free parking. The heating system was hard to control - the fan was all or nothing, and was loud.

Dear Cascader8,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, it's excellent feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed our location. We love being right in the heart of the city. I apologize that your heat was hard to control, our team is collaborating to follow up on these issues. As for the parking, we recognize that the charge may be a barrier but are hopeful that the fact that our ramp is totally interior and near elevators can be a value.
Thank you again for the great feedback, we really appreciate it.
fort dodge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This new hotel is one of the best Hampton's I've stayed in. The parking garage is well lit and secure. The staff is genuine. They are always there if you need them. Beds were comfy and the breakfast was very good. Hotel is very secure, both inside and out. The lounge area is very large with fireplaces and a restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The coffee bar downstairs was best I've seen. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
John I,
Wow, what kind words you have for us. Thank you so much! I take pride in being the General Manger of the team we have here, great service and always, as you said, genuine. Our guests safety is important, of course, so thanks for noticing. We're so happy you were comfortable in your bed and liked our hot breakfast. We agree, our lobby and lounge areas are spacious and cozy (fireplaces!) I'm so glad you enjoyed our twenty-four hour coffee station, it's always nice for a warm cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate!
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for the recommendation. We hope to see you again real soon!
Michael & the team at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
webster city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stay almost exclusively with Hampton. This is the best of all the Hampton's I have stayed at. the only problem that I could even speak of is getting my points added to my honors card. Maybe because of the newness of the hotel or because of the reservation being in my name rather than my husband, but I trust completely that it will be taken care of. The staff was very helpful, the room was lovely and came with frig and micro which not all Hamptons do. The lobby and parking garage were well maintained and parking was free. The security was excellent. The breakfast was wonderful as always and staff was around to help out and watch the food. Can't say enough about this hotel.

Dear Peggy F,
Thanks so much for your positive feedback! I am sorry to hear about the confusion with your points. I can assure you that we have contacted our help desk and your points should have been added to your account already (72 hours after your stay.) I agree, our staff is very helpful and loves to serve our guests. Being able to have both a refrigerator and a microwave in each room is an added bonus, we love giving our guests options! I see from looking at your reservation that you were not charged for parking. However, I want to confirm there is a $12.00 fee for any furture visits. Thank you for noticing the meticulous work of our housekeeping and maintenance teams, I will happily pass that along.
Thank you again for choosing us! Your review was thoughtful and we really appreciate the time you took to write it. We hope to see you again soon!
Michael & the team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
New Berlin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Excellent new Hampton Inn in perfect downtown Madison location close to the UW-Madison campus. We stayed in a king suite and were really happy; it was a great sized and comfortable room. I didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment on that, but there is a nice brunch restaurant adjacent to the hotel lobby that was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Patrick C,

Thanks so much for the kind words! We agree that we are in the perfect location to UW-Madison campus. I'm so pleased you were happy and comfortable in our King suite. They are very spacious. The Bassett Street Brunch Club is an exciting addition to Madison and so I'm delighted you got to enjoy it during your visit!

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. I hope you can come back and enjoy all that Madison has to offer again soon!

Happy Holidays, Michael & team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown? Share your experiences!