“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Definitely a delicious place to visit. Love the fact that they'll cater to vegetarians/vegans even though I am not either. Fried pickles are a must!

Visited January 2013

Massachusetts
“Came Highly Recommended and I Can See Why”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I were visiting our son in Madison and he highly recommended Graze because of its unique and fresh menu. It didn’t disappoint. We “grazed” at Graze and started with the Popcorn tossed in black truffle oil, Oysters, Fried Sassy Cow Cheese Curds and to be unique Roasted Bone Marrow, Lamb meatballs, spiced trout and mac & Cheese (dense and tasty). Other than the Cheese curds being “okay” – the rest was outstanding.

It’s a unique spin on regular foods that is fresh, local (where possible), and not pretentious. The atmosphere was quite relaxing (although standing room only on a Saturday night) and friendly. The staff made us feel welcomed and were well educated on the menu. Great views of the Capital building.

The only con….Just wish we lived closer!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Expected and hoped for more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Should be better for the food to table organic concept. Because it is by the state capitol it must have to try to be hip. It Could be hip without trying so hard with such difficult menu designs. Simplify!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One mistake after another.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Below is a copy of a email I wrote to graze following a very disappointing dining experience. Because I was striving to be polite, it does not do justice to my experience. I never received a response from management, and thus I post my comments here:

"Hello.  I visited Graze for the first time today, and was impressed by the ambiance and menu.  Although I was ultimately pleased with the taste of my food (pub burger), the rest of my experience was unfortunately disappointing.  I wanted to share my experience with you for your records.

I arrived at just after 12:30pm, along with another guest, and informed our server that we were on a limited schedule.  Although we were ensured that our order would be promptly prepared (wedge salad; pub burger with fries), it had not arrived approximately 30 minutes later.  At that time we followed up with our server and asked that our order be prepared in to-go boxes.  Although the server was apologetic and offered complimentary danishes, the food did not arrive for another 15 minutes.  In addition, my box did not include the fries which I had ordered, requiring additional follow-up. (another wait)

After arriving back at my office, I was surprised to find:  a) that my burger, while tasty, was completely rare inside; and b) that my box of fries did not include the aioli sauce which I had been told would be included.

I understand that Graze is a busy restaurant, and that it may not be possible to always accomodate rush requests.  However, if that were the case, we would have appreciated knowing that at advance, so we could have returned on a day where we had more time.  In addition, the number of errors that required correction was suprising for a restaurant with as strong a reputation as Graze.

I would like to give Graze a second chance, and as a result, I do hope that you will consider my comments."

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“High class bar food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This a good place to go for food you like prepared in a special way. Top ingredients, unique presentations. One of the downtown mainstays.

Visited July 2012