“Really good at what they do” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 770 Restaurants in Madison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Really good at what they do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Graze is a local Madison restaurant that focuses on grass-fed meat in all its forms. I think they have vegetarian options, but really, who goes to a restaurant named graze to eat vegetarian? The head chef is a big proponent of the Eat Local movement and nearly everything on the menu is from the Madison area. They feature a producer every month and you really feel like they care about where the food comes from. They also serve local beer and wine.

Now about the food..... delicious! I went for the first time with friends for a birthday and everyone was super happy with their meals. I shared a vietnamese-inspired pork trio and everything on our plate was fabulous! We also had some traditional Wisconsin bar food for starters: fried pickles and fried cheese curds. The pickles were especially tasty with a panko style breading and dill dip.

If you would like to have a taste of something delicious and local in Madison and you are a fan of meat, this place should be on your itinerary.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Near Chicago
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

This may sound strange, but Graze is one of the rare restaurants where I can actually have a sandwich! I have a severe allergy to soy & peanuts, and bread is one of the items that I can rarely eat. Almost every type of bread has soy of some sort, whether it's soy flour or soy (vegetable) oil. That means no sandwiches, no bread basket, no burgers (unless I order it without the bun). Anyway, our server told us that the chef at Graze also has a peanut allergy, so they are extremely careful when with allergic diners. They took the time to check out each ingredient, and were able to determine that the bread was safe! On our first lunch at Graze, I had a grilled cheese sandwich. I know that sounds boring, but it really was great! Our second lunch was a braised lamb sandwich with garlic aioli, tomatoes and lettuce. Again, another home run! I have a feeling Graze will soon be one of the top restaurants on TA. We will be back.

Visited July 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Truly a top notch local food resturant that is in a fun and beautiful setting. I only eat meat from FARMS not factories so it was so nice to go here and be able to eat any meat on wanted. The Graze Burger was a bit pricy, but worth the cost. One person in your group should get it so everyone can try this one. All the other entres we had were exceptional. We will be back and will send our friends there too.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Farm to Table”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

After running Crazy Legs a few friends and I stopped at Graze to eat. Quick seating in a ceiling to floor glass area, great for pep watching. Ordered a beer flight of local beers and loved trying them all. Local cider vendor was at bar and offered us a taste of his cider, very good! Service was prompt and friendly and food was delish! All organic burger of the day was so good, cooked perfect. Shared a beet salad also tasty. Ordered a few sweets and loved them all. We have been back a few times and every time we have loved our meal and drinks. Keep it up Graze!!!!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite farm-to-table style restaurant in Madison.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Creative and classic dishes, great wine and cocktail menu, nice indoor and outdoor atmosphere. My fav. Place in Madison, second only to L'Etoile.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere