“Very Good Turkish” 4 of 5 stars

Adrian, Michigan
1,063 reviews 1,063 reviews
“Very Good Turkish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We decided to try this place for lunch while we were walking around the State St. area. It is nestled in a row of nostalgic storefronts alongside a couple of other ethnic restaurants. We were in the mood for Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food and this seemed like a good bet. The interior of the restaurant was cozy and comfortable and the décor nicely done. The server attended to us quickly and did a very good job throughout our meal. We started with an veggie and cheese plate for an appetizer. It was very good and the portion of goat cheese was very generous. For mains, we had the chicken sis kebab and a grilled chicken dish in a tomato gravy with vegetables. The sis kebab was very good but the chicken in tomato gravy, while reasonably tasty, was blander than I would have liked. In all, however, we had a very good dining experience and I would recommend giving this place a try if you are looking for a dining option on State St.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

72% Recommend
Evanston, Illinois
“A good hearty meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Being a first-time visitor on business, I checked TripAdvisor on what are the closest restaurants from the hotel where I am staying. The answer is to walk along State Street. Then I decided to try this restaurant. I got a spot at the outdoor sidewalk area. The plate of grilled lamb chops was served with grilled vegetables and savory rice. The service may be relatively slow so this may not be a place to get a quick bite. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hudson, Ohio
“Good food with great outside seating on state street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I had the chicken curry which was good, would definitely have again.

Our son had beef kebabs which were excellent. Nicely spiced and perfectly cooked.

My wife had pasta and the pasta was slightly overlooked but sauce was good.

The hummus was really good and salads were fresh. I really enjoyed the cucumber yogurt dressing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Evansville, Wisconsin
“Great lunch menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Sometimes it's hard to eat right and maybe it's because of the cost but here's a place you can eat right and not spend too much. Try the Patlicanli Kabak an eggplant dish it's delish!

Visited April 2013
Machesney Park, Illinois
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is wonderful and they didn't blink when 15 of us showed up and asked to be seated together. (Our reservation was for 12.)

Visited May 2013