“A nice little hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 826 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“A nice little hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We liked the atmosphere and the Bob's Bad Breath Burgers. Nestled on Willie Street, it was a nice, little hidden gem.

Visited October 2012

Deerfield, Wisconsin
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I visited Weary Traveler today, got there right when they opened at 11:30am on a Saturday. The bartender and another employee greeted us warmly and welcomed us to sit wherever we liked, that was nice, I thought. I loved the decor, we choose a small table that sat 2, comfortable chairs, but I could see how it could be pretty tight in there if it were crowded. Our waiter was a nice young man, friendly and helpful. We were given glasses of water, that was nice not having to ask for them and he gave us menus. View their menu on their website, makes it easier to decide before you get there. I ordered the Grilled Walleye Sandwich, it came with thin sliced yukon gold potatoes and a small mixed greens salad. I enjoyed my meal, the potatoes were good, lots of garlic on them :) The grilled walleye was good, though I thought it was a tad bland, maybe it needed more of the housemade tarter sauce, the bun was awesome and the tomato was ripe and perfect. I enjoyed the mixed green salad, the dressing on it was really light and had a zip to it....very good. My husband ordered the Bad Breath Burger, he ordered it medium and it came out perfectly done to medium. I had a bite of his burger, it was really good, and I would order it next time for sure. As reported, you will experience some strong breath afterwards, but it's so worth it. The burger came with the yukon potatoes and mixed green salad just like the grilled walleye sandwich. Be prepared to hunt for a parking spot, although we were the first ones there, the parking is sparse around the building. We will visit again, check it out, you will enjoy it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“nice menu, great food, good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Weary Traveler is a nice place for lunch or casual dinner along Willy Street in Madison. I especially like going here when friends need a mix of foods from vegan to meat or fish sandwiches. The service can be a bit slow, but otherwise a great visit.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“I love Madison and the Weary Traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bohemian mecca with great drinks. I love the meat and cheese plate here. My husband and I would go here all the time when we owned a summer condo on Lake Monona. We would stay here for hour playing scrabble and other games. I think the board games are the perfect touch that makes this place so special. Everyone that we bring here says that any place where you can play scrabble and get served drinks are is a great combo. Trust me, this place rocks if you dont't feel like the usual sports bar scene. Service can be hit or miss.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Racine, Wisconsin
“Bobs bad breath... amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

One of the best burgers I've ever had in my life was at the Weary Traveler. The Bob's Bad Breath burger leaves you wanting it over and over again! Depending on the time of day, the Weary can either be absolutely packed or just have a few patrons. It does get noisy when its busy, but that's with any place that's packed. Definitely a Madison gem!

• Visited October 2011