“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Beautiful atmosphere! Great service. Delicious food! Sushi was wonderful! YUMMY!

Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
“All Time Family Favorite Restaurant in Madison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

YOU HAVE TO ORDER "DINNER FOR TWO"
Make sure you get Hibachi Chicken & Steak and Garlic Shrimp, and Fried Rice. I've been coming here with my boyfriend's family at least every month for 4 years and we all order the exact same. You get the most for your money (free appetizers include soup and salad, shrimp), it's awesome!! Taking my mom there for the first time:) Ginza on Odana Road is by far the best, tastes slightly different from the others. I've never been to the tea room but heard they're more authentic if you want that experience.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“do not waste your money here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Do not bother going to this place. The appetizer of 2 shrimp was more like 1/2 of shrimp tossed on your plate (the dipping sauces were a joke too - what the heck are you supposed to dip in them - 1/2 of a shrimp!) They overcook the seafood and don't time the meal so everyone is eating their entree at the same time. The salad was about a 1/2 cup of lettuce with some nondescript dressing and a puddle of water at the bottom of the cup (not a bowl of salad but a cup). Don't get the preparation that said it was garlic, butter and bread crumbs! I ordered my shrimp that way and the whole entree was nothing but bread crumbs, no garlic flavor and very few shrimp. They dished up my rice at the beginning of the preparation of everybody else's entree and by the time I got my shrimp (which were overcooked), it was a solid mass and cold as was the vegetables they threw on my plate at the beginning of the preparation of everybody else's entree. This place was a joke. No way can you have a pleasant conversation with everyone in your party the way they have you sitting around the grill. Don't waste your money on poorly prepared food and not much of it. We ate at the one on East Washington Avenue and the place needs some updating - dark and gloomy.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dark, tight space and unimpressive hibachi-style restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

If this was my first time experiencing a hibachi-style Japanese restaurant, I wouldn't be impressed that much. Fortunately, it's not my first.

But, it was my first time dining here at Ginza of Tokyo. The restaurant was dimly lit -- too dark for my taste. You walk in and the bar is the first thing you see when you get greeted by the staff. We went early for dinner at around 4:45 p.m., so we didn't wait long to get seats around one of their hibachi tables.

The room that holds the hibachi tables was pretty tight and smaller than other hibachi-style restaurants I've been to. There were three of us, so it wasn't that bad, but if you take a crowd, you might have to do some squeezing in.

Service was okay. The server got our order on our check wrong, but it was fixed. The chef working the hibachi table was okay. They were not as entertaining as other chefs I've seen. I got scallops, and it tasted like my friend's chicken teriyaki, but the texture is just that of scallops. The flavors of the food were not varied.

However, I did enjoy my "godzilla" sushi roll :-)

The appearance of the restaurant inside looks like it could use a facelift. It looked old, faded and exhausted. The wallpaper in the hibachi room was peeling a bit. I think the atmosphere of a hibachi-style restaurant should be fresh and energetic, but this place did not have it.

So, if you or someone else wants to experience a hibachi-style restaurant for the first time (or the second...or third...etc), skip Ginza of Tokyo. I don't think I'll return.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“Good food, Long Wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

The "Couples' Dinner" is a deal - you get to try everything for only $35 plus tax. The food was good, but even with reservations, you'll wait a long time to get to your table, to get your drinks and get your food.

Visited February 2012