“Authentic, best in Madison” 5 of 5 stars

608-294-1000
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tutto Pasta Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 850 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Johnson
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Authentic, best in Madison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

When I moved to Madison from Florence, Italy, I was skeptical about finding authentic food that I would love. Tutto Pasta meets that exception and I love it! Best Italian in Madison! Though be ready to take some home, the portions are made for two. I recommend to everyone I meet!

“Great Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Met our daughter there for her quarter century birthday. Great service, yummy pasta. Very accomodating menu, we requested less spicy and more spicy for one. The atmosphere was warm and extremely friendly. The noise level was a little high, so not so intimate and difficult to catch up on news with her. We loved sitting by the windows to watch State Street.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Great Pasta Place in Madison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been here about four times and each time I've tried something different. Everything I've had has been delicious! The service has always been quick and friendly, definitely a place to go if craving a nice dinner.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Too bad Tutto Pasta!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were back in Madison for a very special occasion with family flying in all corners of the country to celebrate with us. My husband's grandmother has been talking about Tutto Pasta for a decade (the last time she was in Madison celebrating a graduation!) so we were so excited to take her there for her long awaited meal. They placed us at a table that was right in the walk-way to the kitchen so from the get-go, it was a little hectic and loud. We took it in stride because we were celebrating but soon HEARD that our table was being a pain. Yes, we HEARD the servers complaining to the kitchen staff about us (we were seated RIGHT THERE!) Last time I checked, it isn't unreasonable to have water on our table or olive oil & balsamic for our bread (that we had to ask for) and when it does arrive, I don't think we should have to overhear the waitstaff talk bad about us and then try to act cordial to our faces. Overall, we felt that we were a nuisance. Not a good feeling, especially when we were trying to show our 86 year old grandmother a great time in Madison. Upon leaving, all of the staff was gathered in the bar, eating & watching TV and barely bothered to say good-bye, thank you for visiting (and putting money in their pockets). If I was the owner of this restaurant, I would want to know these things. The staff is giving this place a horrible reputation. I know that there are 5 of us who will never come back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fox Point, WI
“A madison must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate at Tutto Pasta with a large group of about 20. The staff was very hospitable and the food was perfect. I always have the Tutto pasta and it is my favorite.

If you are dining alone or with a large group, Tutto is perfect. I have dined alone here and eaten at the bar several times. Tutto has a large wine list and the portion sizes are exactly what you would expect. The food is actually underpriced for the quality.
I highly recommend going to Tutto Pasta.

• Visited September 2012