“Friendly and tasty” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glass Nickel Pizza Co.

Glass Nickel Pizza Co.
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Friendly and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stopped here for dinner on a road trip. Though it is a few miles off the interstate, it is well worth the time. They even have gluten free pizza for those in need. I had a 10" Boris Karloff. It was quite tasty and loaded with local ingredients. There is also a nice beer selection.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin
“It's okay, but not great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have ordered from the Glass Nickel a couple of times and it's always been expensive and unremarkable. For example, we most recently ordered a 16-inch pizza with three toppings, 12 chicken wings, and mozzarella sticks and the total approached $40 (even WITH a "special" deal). The pizza was average and I personally prefer other pizza chains for half the price. The chicken wings were really disappointing - they were too salty and the thick breading reminded me of cheap chicken nuggets. The mozzarella sticks were average. We probably won't

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, WI
“Great food and cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I regularly visit the east side Glass Nickel and have yet to have a pizza there I didn't like (despite some of the truly interesting topping combinations), and the sandwiches and salads are well done too. Though not a vegetarian, I love the "veg head" sandwich with avocado and cream cheese, toasted for the cold winter days. The caramel martini I had the last time I visited was also excellent. The atmosphere is somewhat intimate and a nice date location for me and my husband, as well as a place we enjoy taking friends.

Visited October 2013
Monroe, WI
“Lots of blue cheese..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I took our daugther and her 2 friends there for the comedy show downstairs. They ordered pizza and I ordered the small bac-n-blue salad. The salad itself was good, but there was probably at least 3/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles on there with ~ 1/4 cup of bacon for 1 handful of spinach leaves. If you like that muchcheese, than you will love this salad. It had walnuts in it and had a wonderful flavor, just way too much cheese for me. The girls enjoyed their pizza. . They just had pepperoni and cheese. I was tempted to order a small pizza for myself as they have quite a variety of pizzas to choose from. The atmosphere upstairs in the main dining area was nice; we ate downstairs which was nice too. Overall, good, just depends on what you like.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Always Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ordered the usual specialty pizzas (Fetalicious and Boaris Karloff). The fresh ingredients and quality cheeses really make the difference.

Visited October 2013