“Best in Madison” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best in Madison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hands down best Italian place to eat in Madison and its surrounding areas. The food is great, the service is the best, and the view of lake Monona is amazing.

Visited September 2012

Hartford, Wisconsin
“Classic, But Average Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was sadly disappointed with my trip to Paisan's. For years I had been hearing what a fabulous restaurant it is.

The food was prepared well, but the menu was less than what I expected. Very classic italian dishes, but nothing that seemed fresh, new, or exciting. Settled on pizza, as there weren't any pastas that interested me and since it was evening dinner, really didn't want a sandwich.

If you are looking for something with more choices and a better atmosphere, try Portabella located off of State Street, which is owned and operated by the same Paisan folks.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Central Illinois
“Great lunch at the bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I arrived with 7 other guys...noonish on Sunday. We wanted football and the only way to see it was in the bar. Even tough the bartenderess was swamped with this sudden infusion of guys, she approached it with professionalism and a great attitude. Took our orders in sequence...asked if we wanted water, and served us our lunch when it arrived.
Food was tasty...and as expected. No complaints, only compliments. Great place.

Visited October 2012
Osseo, Wisconsin
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I like the way their menu is set up, you can pick your pasta style (spinach fettucine, spaghetti, or shells) and then your topping. They also have pizza, which the people next to us ordered and it looked very good, and sandwiches, I couldn't pass up the Garibaldi and it was delicious. I thought the prices were a little high, but I'm not from the area and maybe they're in line with other Madison restaurants, but $4 - $5 for items on the children's menu seemed a little high. The hosts, hostesses, and wait staff were friendly and helpful. If we visit Madison in the summer I'd like to return here and try the outdoor seating with the view of the lake.

Visited September 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great view, okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

9/2/2012 visit. If weather permits patio is great. Food is okay but not great. Service okay. I was expecting more elegant atmosphere, so a little disappointed. But that was because my expectations was high based on the reviews here at tripadvisor.

• Visited September 2012