“Fabulous steak, nice wines, comfortable atomosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 838 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fabulous steak, nice wines, comfortable atomosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are in the mood for a great New York Strip or a filet this is the place in Madison. Some nice wines at reasonable prices. This place is not cheap, but everything is a good value. Thick cuts, perfectly prepared with hash browns and a fresh salad, its hard to go wrong. And there is also a rack of lamb, a Bone in Tenderloin and a fine Walleye for the fish lovers. They also have a Friday night fish fry. Make a reservation and try to get a seat in the smaller room which tends to be a little quieter.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent supper club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The atmosphere is great, this is a true Wisconsin supper club place. The food is outstanding as well. I've eaten here 20+ times over the last 8 years and they have yet to disappoint me in any regard.

They steaks are all solid (I think I've had most of them now), but my favorite is the bone in tenderloin. The lamb is also quite good; I really like the way they prepare it.

Friends say the venison is good but I have not tried it.

They also have my favorite thick cut onion rings on earth. They are amazing.

There's a late night menu in the bar and in the Corral Room that cannot be beat, it runs from 10pm - 1am.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Steak!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

From what I remember, when they ask your soup or salad: try the French Onion Soup. I am still kicking myself for getting the salad..

Atlanta
“Good, if noisy, retro fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to Tornado after a football game. The place has a great, retro feel. Reminded me of former greats like Jim's Steak House in Cleveland. My steak was cooked to the right temperature and had a nice tangy taste. Solid sides and a good Ceasar salad. Friendly service. The only drawback was the noise level in the small room caused by one "enthusiastic" table and the small room.

I'd go back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Yummy steak, tiny portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had the chance to come hang out in the Corral Room of Tornado Steakhouse late night while on a trip to Madison. The service was great, our waitress was so perky and fun. I had heard great things about their steaks, so I was happy they had some on their late night menu. It was delicious! My only qualm is that it was quite small and it didn't come with a side (unless you count the onion ring on top...which I don't). But, that doesn't stop it from being good. I'd try this place again for sure!

• Visited November 2012