“Good Indian food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #259 of 824 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Amazing home-cooked authentic food w/exotic seasonings & curries!! Our family favorite for the past 5 years!!! Friendly, honest staff. Good people. Good customer mix of Madisonian types plus authentic foreigners eating authentic India food.
Cape Coral, FL
“Good Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Good food, decent prices. Quick service. Gave out towels at the end to clean your hand which is welcome after the spices in the food. It is convenient for travelers staying in the area. I would recommend.

Visited September 2012

“Excellent food- large portions- large variety.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We love Indian food... The town we live in has none so when we drive through Madison we always stop for some Indian... We have tried other indian restaurants there, but Maharaja is the best so far! This time we had to do carry out since a cake was waiting in the car. We ordered 5 entrees and 5 or 6 orders of naan (many varieties). All food was great but some of our favorites were the mixes grill, chicken korma, and meat stuffed naan! While I waited for the food they brought me a cup of chai and went over whole order wt me before I left to ensure everything was there. The portions for entrees were very large and there was actually enough rice with it, but I did think the naan was expensive for what it came with... Atmosphere isn't perfect (strip mall) but that is much less important to me than the food!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Here n there
“great service & authentic cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

the staff here is so kind - remembering our family, even after long absences.
The food is varied and tasty. Great for vegans and vegetarians.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Try it, you'll like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

As the Buffet King, I was a little sceptical about an "indian" restaurant. I went here for the lunch buffet, and was very happy with what I found there. The food is very colorful and flavorful. The lamb curry was excellent, and the vegetarian items were also very tasty. I'll be going back here soon.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Wisconsin
“Lunch or Dinner, the best I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The lunch buffet is just to be seen to be believed. The staff knows me on sight now, and I always feel welcome, attended, and well fed. I always overeat, the variety and flavors are just amazing. There's "safe" things to eat if you're new to Indian cuisine, and even on the buffet, there's usually one or two "different" things I'll give a try. You know, to broaden my horizons while I pile up pakora, samosas, chicken tiki masala, and grab a dish of mango ice cream with some sugar-soaked cheese balls... oh lord, just writing this my eyes are watering, I HAVE to go now. Oh, dinner menu goes on and on, categorized by style or region, and I think it's 6 pages of single space type long. Mango Chicken 2 star hot. Oh, lord... where are my keys.

Visited May 2012