“So glad we tried their food!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #208 of 850 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Amazing home-cooked authentic food w/exotic seasonings & curries!! Our family favorite for the past 5 years!!! Friendly, honest staff. Good people. Good customer mix of Madisonian types plus authentic foreigners eating authentic India food.
Neenah, Wisconsin
“So glad we tried their food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had not had Indian Food in years due to where we have lived and the lack of places to dine. We ordered carry out and when I walked in the smells were heavenly! We had 2 chicken dishes and one lamb dish. All 3 were very nicely seasoned and wonderfully cooked. We tired the coconut soup and it was too sweet for our liking. Overall, I wished we had done the lunch buffett, but with a 5 year-old we did carry-out.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Illinois
“Excellent Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were in town for the Great Taste of the Midwest and needed some food after several hours of beer drinking. This place filled the bill. We started with the best samosas I have had - large and crispy with a very flavorful filling. All 3 of us really enjoyed our main courses. I had a lamb dish with tomatoes and mushrooms, husband had chicken tikki masala and daughter had paneer. I liked that they cooked the food to your spice level. We also had excellent naan (garlic flavor was the best) and basamati rice. Service was excellent and very prompt. We enjoy several Indian places in the Chicago area, and this was as good if not better!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of best in country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We've eaten in Indian restaurants all over the country, and this is hands down one of the best. The staff is very polite and very attentive, and the food is excellent with gigantic portions. Everything from the papadam and chutney at the begiining of the meal to the hot towels at the end is perfect. This is a place not to be missed

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunnyvale, California
“Amazing food, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

From the outside, this looks a little run down and very quiet. Inside, it's quite a homely environment. Decor could do with some improvements, but I was more into the food.

The food really was fantastic. I have ate at many Indian restaurants across the world, and being from an Indian background myself I know what is authentic and what isn't. And this definitely was. I went for the Shahi Paneer which was just one of the best i have had. Not many restaurants offer this, and if they do, it means they have a brilliant cook. I also had aloo gobi which was great too. I asked the manager if I could have it as a side, rather than a main and he did so. But the portion was still huge yet they charged 50% of the price to which I was happy with. I can't even remember how much I paid in the end - the food was so good and definitely worth whatever I did fork out!

It's a great place, good, friendly service. 4 stars because although the decor wasn't all there, the service and food definitely were top marks.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison
“Consistantly good Indian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

Excellent food and service. One of the best Indian places I've been to in the midwest. They also have wonderful chai tea that they bring out if you are waiting for a take out order and the friendly hosts will usually start up a conversation with you too :o)