“Great food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #184 of 838 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I chose to take my boyfriend to Outback for his birthday because he loves a good steak and they are a certified Gluten Free restaurant (which I need). This was my 2nd time there and the food was just as good as the first time I was there. They cook their steaks just the way you ask. We had a couple friends with us. One of them is a professional chef and she couldn't believe how well they cooked her steak. I definitely recommend eating here for any occasion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Marshalltown, Iowa
“East Towne Mall Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This review is actually for the Outback Steakhouse located at East Towne Mall. For whatever reason, it's not included in the list of Madison's restaurants.
We had an early lunch there December 8th and were very satisfied with the food and service. We were seated quickly and and our server took our drink orders soon thereafter.
We ordered a Coconut Shrimp appetizer and were surprised to get 8 large shrimp for $7.95.
Our entry (we split it) was a 10 oz. ribeye steak done medium rare with sweet potato fries. The meat was done just the way I like it (Pam likes her's done a little more and ate the outside edges of it). The sweet potato fries had some sort of glaze on them that was delicious. No room for dessert so we can't comment on that. ;-)
The best part was we had a $25 gift card from Pam's brother, so lunch, including tip, only cost us $5! Can't beat that.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“not up to usual standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We've eaten at other Outbacks many times but this was our first time at this location. We were disappointed in both the food and the service. The usually delicious bloomin onion was quite greasy and seemed to have more pepper in the breading than other locations. The sirloin steak was tough and the sweet potato seemed to be of lower quality - more carb tasting, not sweet. The service was interesting - overly attentive at first but once the food came the server couldn't be found for a correction on an incorrect vegetable. Madison has lots of restaurants so we probably won't return.

Middleton, Wisconsin
“Gift cards for Bonefish are available here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have eaten here, but not for a long time. We have friends that live in FL and have a Bonefish close to them that they love to go to. Unless I drive to Milwaukee this is the only place I know to get a gift card for them for that place.

Wisconsin
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Of course I have to start out by saying the bloomin onion appetizer is great!!! Their food is always good and service too.