“Absolute Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Etoile Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 821 restaurants in Madison
Cross street: East Washington
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Absolute Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Of all the places I could have gone, I chose to have dinner at L'Etoile to celebrate my 65th birthday. I had my pick of any restaurant in Milwaukee, Chicago, or Madison, but I knew where I wanted to spend my special evening! This restaurant meets the Gold Standard in every category. When my husband made the reservation, he mentioned that we were coming to celebrate my birthday, so when we arrived, the menu had our name at the top welcoming us and saying Happy Birthday in bold print. The setting is beautiful as the entire front is made of glass and faces the lit Madison Capital Building as backdrop-gorgeous!. Next came the menu---I cannot say enough about how unique and special menu the chef creates. Combinations were creative,healthy and delicious. The wines were superb as well, as was the service from everyone we encountered. I could not have had a more wonderful time. The prices may be a bit high, but not out of the market for the kind of quality dining experience you will have. If you are looking for that one terrific place to take your best sweetheart or that most important client, this is the spot. You will be raving about it as I am today!

• Visited February 2013

84% Recommend
Madison, Wisconsin
“Artisan style food, expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It's expensive, but well worth it. Fresh local foods combined with a world class chef and interesting and lovely dishes prepared for a discerning audience in downtown Madison.

Madison
“Long Love Affair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We began dining here twenty eight years ago and have eperienced all of its growth. At times
like any child it can go astray but not far because this is a high quality place. Of course it is our
home base but we dine all over the world and the quality and service are equal or better than
many better known establishments. We are here almost every month. It is expensive but you
don't have to be in NY or Paris or SF to have the best.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago
“Top-notch in all respects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in the midwest. We come here for birthdays and anniversaries, and are never disappointed: creative food from local sources, and (a rarity in Madison) excellent service. Yes, you pay for it, but it's worth every penny.

Visited October 2012
Oxford, Wisconsin
“Early Valentines Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband took us to this lovely little restaurant for Valentine ’s Day. It was perfect! We had an excellent server named, Erin, who was very sweet and chatted happily with us. The food was marvelous, well prepared and presented. Every server or attendant that came by, even to fill our water glasses, was professional and pleasant. From start to finish we were there for about two and a half hours.There was lovely jazz piano in the background and the atmosphere was clean and modern while intimate. We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to L'Etoile Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage L'Etoile Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.