“Delicioso” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highland Ave
Description: Lombardino"s Restaurant, a staple in Madison, WI since 1952, features a chef driven menu that changes with the seasons. With the 1950's Italian American kitschy decor, one will find excellent, simply made Italian food of the utmost quality in a comfortable neighborhood restaurant setting.
Carlsbad, California
“Delicioso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Visiting from San Diego. Our family wanted to take us here as they love it & I'm Italian & have been to Italy many times. I found the food to be very good-nice Caesar salad, fantastic desserts. The entrees were well prepared and presented with lovely little touches to enhance the flavors. The shrimp/ mussel linguine had a very flavor able sauce, with many mussels. I felt the shrimp could be improved. An interesting touch was the large variety of grappas, including a flight. Homemade bread. All in all an enjoyable experience.

“My wife is a vegan. I like pork. We loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very accommodating. Special ordering and changing the preparation of the food to make it vegan was no problem. The food was delicious, and I tried several dishes that I had never encountered in my 60 years on this planet. The best thing was the prices--everything seemed very reasonable compared to restaurants in our hometown Miami.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Wisconsin
“Gluten Free? No problem AND it's delicsious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I need to follow a gluten free diet and going out to eat is always a challenge. How refreshing to go to LOMBARDINOS and have an informed waitress and fabulous food!!

I told the waitress I needed to be gluten free and without hesitation she said no problem. Most things are gf or can be made gf, except the pasta of course. We shared a scallop appetizer and the scallops were perfectly cooked and delicious!! My husband had a pasta dish that was very good and I had a mushroom, kale and polenta dish that was out of this world AND it was gf.

It was so refreshing to go to a restaurant that doesn't make an issue out of being gf. They even had a chocolate flourless torte that was wonderful. It's no wonder this place is busy all the time!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reno, Nevada
“Excellent Italian food in Madison!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great menu options, from traditional pasta and pizza, to more creative options. All consistently excellent and delicious. Salads and soups were excellent too. My parents went to this restaurant 35+ years ago, and it's as good now as it was back then. Highly recommend! Atmosphere is a little dark, but otherwise a very fine choice to dine at.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison
“Always Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is, in my opinion, the best restaurant in Madison. The menu changes seasonally and though the food is absolutely gourmet, it is also exceedingly approachable. My 70 year old parents from Green Bay insist on this being the only restaurant that we go to when they are in town. Sometimes I think they come to visit just to go to Lombardino's and seeing their daughter and son-in-law is just a perk!

The food is amazing and the service is ALWAYS impeccable. I think that is why my parents enjoy Lombardino's so much, their rapport with the waitstaff is fantastic (especially Kevin!!). My mother has had several strokes and is quite hard of hearing. To be able to go to a restaurant, and a busy one at that, and still have her be comfortable and enjoy herself is really something special. She is always treated with dignity and for that, I cannot thank the staff at Lombardino's enough.

I'm partial to items that are prepared on the wood-fired grill, though the pastas are always special. Another tip: if they have a starter that is served on a board, get it. Get it as fast as you can. And though all of their desserts are incredible, if they have salted caramel ice cream, get only that. I dream about it!

• Visited June 2012