“Known for their steaks.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #390 of 826 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Known for their steaks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Smokey's Club has been known in Madison for many years for it's good steaks. It's on the pricy side, but good. The restaurant itself is not that great looking but good nonetheless.

Middleton, Wisconsin
“Disappointed Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I ate at Smoky's probably 15 years ago because it was supposed to be the place to go. We were disappointed then and even more now. Maybe I have been watching too many food network shows, but wow does this place need an update. The best thing about our experience this time is that we had a $20 coupon. They start you out with a relish of carrots, celery and radishes. Then came bread which was warm but dried out. We received our salads which were okay but limited dressing choices. The soup course was either potato soup or tomato juice. I ordered a 5 oz filet medium rare and 2 shrimp. My first steak was tasty but cooked more medium than medium rare. The plate was so hot that the steak kept cooking and by the time I ate my third bite the rest of the steak was well done. My server was attentive and happily replaced my steak with a new one. This one was bigger and cooked more medium rare but again the plate was so hot that by the time I cut it in half to see if it was cook properly I soon had a well done steak. The shrimp was inedible. Way overdone and not seasoned. My husband had the pork chops and they were just okay. I feel that when my bill is over $70 (we both had one glass of wine) that I shouldn't have to eat on a plastic table cloth with paper napkins. The shrimp sauce was served in a paper cup. Three servers were sitting at a table in the dining area of the bar. We had good intentions to give Smoky's another try after our first lack luster experience, but wish that we would have listened to our instincts and picked a different restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Meat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

that is what one comes here for and it is what you get - no high end Peter Lugar act-alike but the place your parents took you 50 years ago for a big night, with "appetizers" of carrot, celery and radish and olives, and a high quality beef cut that is done the way you like, served in a place that must have gotten its name before the cigarette ban in restaurants - dark, woody, staff who have been there for years. My mother in law comes back to Madison now and then from the West Coast and says "Smoky's" and we go, happily.

Visited August 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“HUGE Selection of Martinis!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Martini Bob has a collection that is unbeatable! Anything you can imagine for martinis and some you can't!! And don't forget their awesome food! Best steaks in Madison!!

Visited November 2012
Madison, WI
“Best Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I love Smokey's. The decor, service, hash browns, steak sizzling when you get it. A great experience.

Visited September 2012