“Where grandma and grandpa used to go.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #370 of 820 restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
“Where grandma and grandpa used to go.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere was clean but dated. Menu also dated. Nothing modern. Average old-time Wisconsin supper club. Even salad dressings were limited...French, thousand island. No Windows in dining room. Just old/dull.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Way Over Rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'd been wanting to go to Smokey's Club in Madison, Wisconsin for quite some time; ever since reading about it from an associate editor of a national publication extolling it's greatness . After his recommendation and purusing Smokey's web site and reading the glowing reveiws from their own site, I decided to take my wife there on our 41st wedding aniversary. We both were looking forward to a fantastic dinner. When they brought the steaks out on those very hot metal plates and the way they sizzle you practically salivate like Pavlov's dog. Well, what a disappointment. My steak, a New York cut and my wife's steak, a rib eye, were both the most tastless steaks we've ever eaten. We were completely flabergasted. I actually checked the web site and address again when I got home thinking I may have gone to the wrong Smokey's. Nope. Then I went back and looked at all the favorable reviews on their web site. Most were written in the 1990's. Apparently the quallity of their steaks has dimisished considerably. It wasn't that they tasted bad, they just had NO taste. All you were eating was bulk. They had the look and texture of steak but both steaks were absolutely tasteless. I salted mine three times and my wife would have loved to smoother hers with ketchup but was too reserved to do so thinking she would be insulting the restaurant. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Good drinks but that's really it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The drinks we great $10 for a martini but well worth it. The meal comes with a relish tray it was nothing special some carrot sticks, green onion, and radish. The salad was good I really liked the French roqufort dressing. We got some apps the mushrooms were ok nothing to write home about and the onion rings were not worth getting. For the steak I had a ribeye it was cooked perfect but it was really bland two in our group had the fillet and the both said it was good and another person had the Tbone and reported it was really bland like the ribeye. Overall it was just ok I have had better steaks at outback. It was fun to do once but I probably will not return as there are much better streak houses in the area

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
McFarland, Wisconsin
“steaks, steaks, steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

renowned steak house. has received many awards. Pricey, but if you're a meat eater, you are sure to enjoy.

Visited November 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“long awaited disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I graduated from UW in '79 and Smoky's was always said to be #1. I finally had the chance to go there with another friend who travels and dines out extensively. We have both been in the restaurant business for many years. While I had a courteous person answer the phone and take our reservations and a very warm welcome, I can't brag about anything else. Yes, crisp crudites on ice but no dip or any other supper club extras. Waitress was okay but not overly attentive even though we were the first table in. Another couple had to ask for service after sitting for over 10 minutes without attention in a not very busy room. I was so looking forward to a great steak which I only enjoy once a month. They had prime rib so I splurged. It was good, but not even one of the best I've had. The homemade 1,000 Island was watery without any islands. Bread was fine. clam chowder was very good. The hash browns were the best thing served. I had the small prime and my friend ordered the large one to take a hunk home to her husband. She had almost 1/4 of the weight in fat. After later talking to another friend who went there in the '80s, she also expressed her feeling that it was merely mediocre, not fantastic. Too bad. They must be doing something right to stay in business this long but it wasn't happening on my visit.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Smoky's Club? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Smoky's Club, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.