“Decent but not the first place I'd go coming to town” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Madison, Wisconsin
“Decent but not the first place I'd go coming to town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Reasonably fun atmosphere, decently good food, but nothing outstanding. Decent place to go, but wouldn't be in the top ten of where I would go if coming in new to Madison.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Lunch in Madison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Visiting Madison in the spring this year,my husband and I decided on a diner experience one Sunday. The day was beautiful so we did not mind the 30 min wait outside on the patio in the front of the restaurant. Once in, waiter was very attentive,coffee and food was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and will be back again on another visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great vegetarian choices at Monty's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I ate at Monty's Blue Plate Diner twice while visiting family in Madison. As two of us are vegetarians, we really appreciated the many vegetarian choices on the menu. I especially enjoyed the walnut burger, which I ate minus the bun, and paired with the yummy mashed potatoes and broccoli - excellent! The meat eaters in our group were equally happy - my elderly mother loved her pot roast dinner (just like her mother used to make, she said). The atmosphere is fun, and the wait staff were all super friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to returning the next time I'm in Madison.

Visited June 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Really good mix of menu choices - good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Always a steady eddie....one of the most distinct diner menus you'll find anywhere with a good selection of hearty, traditional to vegetarian and vegan options, features local products. Can get a bit crowded so be ready to wait occasionally, but generally less than 15-20 min waits. Awesome malts and excellent pies and desserts.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was a wonderful discovery--the menu was well-chosen and the entrees were highly seasoned (the rosemary in the chicken in a pie was pronounced) and delicious. Of course, the desserts are the big draw here and it was really tough to make a choice--but the key lime pie was wonderful.

Visited May 2013