“Small but nice” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Small but nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friend and I visited the restaurant on the word of another person. I found the premises small but adequate at the same time busy. We arrived early and secured a table. Noise level was a little high but bearable and this I believe was down to the limited space of the restaurant.

The food was excellent, well presented by attentive staff and cooked to preference.
I would recommend a visit but arrive early

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Can't make my mind up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place came highly recommended. Very busy when we arrived but we didn't have to wait too long for a table. Luckily we got the table next to the window, although it was already dark outside we really wouldn't have wanted to be on one the tables further in the restaurant as the lighting is very low (dark) & it felt rather claustrophobic. The waitress was very efficient & was able to answer any questions we had about some of the dishes. The food was pricey but superb. What I didn't like was the fact that as you can't book, there is a continuous stream of people coming in & once you've eaten your dessert you feel 'obliged' to leave rather than being able to sit & chat.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Monica, California
“Standout in Madison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Madison has acquired quite a few excellent and/or innovative restaurants in the last few years, but Forequarters stands out as the best meal I've ever had in Madison and one of the best anywhere. The restaurant is small and intimate, there are no reservations, and it's always busy so go early. The cocktails are uniquely tasty and creative so you will not regret the time you spend waiting in the bar. Poorly marked - you can drive right by without knowing that a restaurant is there at all. Excellent vegetarian options for those so inclined. But the meat dishes are unworldly. Not to be missed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“A little too hip for me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I love food and overall we had some real hits and one flatlined, but wasn't necessarily a miss. I also love impeccable service, not formal, but good service. The environment was a little too aloof to me. Our drinks were okay, trying a bit too hard to be on the cutting edge. I just want a good cocktail. Our drinks took quite awhile and the place wasn't close to full yet. And it is a small dining room. Our waitress was nice, but nothing to rave about. Overall, the food carried it and I give it a four for that, but I won't be likely be going again. I just didn't feel that comfortable there. The seats are very close to one another, but then again, I've been to places where you share tables and that hasn't bothered me. Just a gestalt, not for me, but definitely worth a try. I would judge for yourself on this one.

Visited August 2013
Barrington, New Hampshire
“A very special adventure in dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

You might have a long wait, but the creative, fresh, and delicious food is worth it. The cocktails are exceptional, too. We had a great time and wish Forequarter was located in our town!

Visited August 2013