“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukee
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Decided to go just to get away for a night. Hotel staff was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable, newly renovated. Ate at the bistro, food was good. They have late check-out which was nice, did not have to leave until 1:30. Bed was fairly comfortable. Only complaint was the air conditioning. Fairly loud and if it was turned off, the room became very warm. Otherwise nice stay, would go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering each guest an exceptional stay. While I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, I apologize the air conditioner was loud. We are actually in the process of replacing units so it will be better the next time you visit.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 608-661-8100 or by email at gopgenorth@ncghotels.com.

Greg Opgenorth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We would stay there again. We thought that the hotel had great rooms, great common areas and very friendly staff! Lots of restaurants nearby. Love that we can get Starbucks in the hotel! I also like the rewards program that the hotel chain offers.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department as you found out. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay and our amenities, including Starbucks in the lobby.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Quiet and comfortable. This is a "new" style Courtyard very near the I-90/I94 freeway and Madison's East Towne mall. Lots of restaurant choices nearby. Our room faced the freeway and I was concerned about it being noisy, but it was very quiet and confortable.

We had a very early flight and left a wake-up call that never came, but the clock-radio alarm worked fine and we were able to make our flight with no concerns. Despite the flub on the wakeup call, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Either bring an alarm clock or use the clock radio if you need to be up early. Left a wakeup call t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department. We will look into our wake up calls to determine why it did not go through, although I am glad that you still left satisfied.

Elkin, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

As a Platinum Premier status, I stay in Marriott brands way too much, logging almost 200 nights in dozens of different properties per year. I find it interesting, however, how the same brand can differ just because of the management company that owns it.

For this review, the comparison is made between Courtyard in Rockville, MD, and this Courtyard in Madison. The difference is day and night yet the format of the hotels are quite the same.

In Rockville, expect rundown rooms, elevator all the way back in the hotel, the worse customer service ever, and no shuttle, though nothing is in walking distance. In contrast, The Madison Courtyard not only surpasses ANY other Courtyard I have stayed, but blows past most full-service Marriott's, including the concierge service desk. Courtyard Madison arranges free shuttles to work, and even drops me off at work on Thursday, keeps my luggage, and picks me up later for an airport run--with my luggage! Are you kidding me. If that is not commensurate to full-service, I don't know what is.

The Bistros are also a contrast. Friendly, great staff in Madison, to those that barely speak English in Rockville, and act like they do not know you yet they see you every week for 2 months. Also in Rockville the staff will disappear for several minutes while you wait patiently. I see as many as 3 staff members in the Madison Bistro, making sure that service is prompt.

I stayed at both for 2 months and rooms, housekeeping, and overall staff friendliness are far superior in Madison.

The staff will make sure you enjoy your stay and that is the mark of a good Management company, not just the Marriott brand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department as you found out. Our Guest Service Representatives and Bistro Servers are great representatives of our hotel, thank you for the great comments.

Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here several nights over a few months of heavy travel to the area. It was selected by "the boss" so didn't have the choice to stay elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, it is very nice place. It has a large lobby area with handy printer for printing boarding passes in the morning. Free house coffee in the lobby along with USA Today paper. Has a small pool and workout facility on the ground floor. At check-in (around 6pm) free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies were available. The one thing I did not like about it, and would not like about it if traveling personally with family, is their breakfast selection. They have a few choices that range in price from 6-12 bucks. It costs! I like the breakfast included at Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Rooms are typical Marriott. Pretty fancy with clean sheets, cable TV, free wi-fi, nice bathrooms, and full furniture in the rooms. Kind of over the top when only staying one night and don't get there until 7-8pm and leave in the morning at 7am.

It is an average Marriott property - pretty fancy, but too much for me when not sleeping in the hotel for only a few hours.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to see you experienced a clean room and enjoyed the hotel although it was a brief visit. I understand your concerns with breakfast as the Bistro is a new concept that Marirott is implementing in all Courtyards. We hope you were able to enjoy the fresh food made to order.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our overnight family stay was very relaxing. We enjoyed an immaculate, very comfortable room decorated in fun modern decor and colors. The front desk supplied us a tiny-sized screwdriver that saved the day for us, and again offered excellent service after we departed and had traveled several hours when we realized my husband's cell phone was missing. I called his phone, someone at the front desk had it, answered it, and they were able to get it back to us- great service!!! We are grateful! The only negative was too much chlorine in the pool for our son who is sensitive to that,( although that didn't stop him from wanting to swim again in the morning!) Overall, it was a great place to stay and enjoy good food and family time. We would definitely stay HERE again the next time we are in Madison!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department as you found out. I'm glad we were able to help you with the screwdriver and send your phone back. We looked into our pool sensors and they are operational.

Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overnight stay was great at this hotel. Numerous amenities including breakfast and happy hour made our stay really enjoyable. Clean, comfortable place with super friendly and accomodating staff make this hotel one we will definitely revisit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the "fantastic" feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department. I am glad you were able to use our amenities such and breakfast and happy hour.

Greg Opgenorth

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Madison East? Share your experiences!