“Great place good location” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5317 High Crossing Blvd, Madison, WI 53718   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Madison
USA
“Great place good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I love staying at the Grandstay as it's close to things on the east side of Madison. The breakfast in the morning is fantastic! It was very quiet in my 3rd floor room. My kids love the pool and a hot tub.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joseph R, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We are so glad that you love our east side location, and that your kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. we are looking forward to having you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kingston, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

A group of us (4 rooms) stayed for several night but made it clear we were checking out one day early. When I got our credit card staement, there was the one night charged to the account.
I have left messages to have the manager call me concerning this to no avail. I called my credit card company and have had to put a dispute on the charge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Joseph R, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your comment, After looking through the account to make sure the charges where in fact not accurate i have reimbursed the full amount of the one day charged back to the card. with any reverse transaction with a credit card it usually takes 5 to 10 business days to return to your card. Thank you so much for your business and we hope you return soon to visit us.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We loved this place! We had a two room suite with a kitchenette and breakfast table. The bed was very comfortable. The halls were well decorated and the service could not have been better. We asked for a quiet room and got what we asked for. There is plenty of parking allowing us to park about 20 feet from our suite. The breakfast was more than adequate but rather average for properties in this price point. We found the location excellent allowing east access and return to major highways and the interstate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your possitive review about our hotel! We are very proud of our property and the at home feel we provide for all of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come see us again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The manager does not help with any issues you bring to him, the hot tub was barely luke warm, and gave us horrible rashes, furniture in rooms are torn and worn out. You can NEVER find anyone at the front desk. There were a group of people from a company the took up almost the entire 3rd floor, they were up all night yelling at each other down the hallways, slamming doors, and cooking food with their doors open, so they could all come to each room and yell and laugh. When I addressed the manager about it, he told me they stay there a lot, but offered no other assistance at all.
Janet was the 1 helpful employee, who did a good job with the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: stay away from the 3rd floor companies that stay there frequently
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing some of this to our attention. We are currently updating our property with new carpet, furniture, and differant amenities. we are sorry that the hot tub was not as hot as it usually is due to draining it and refilling it to make sure it is clean it takes a little longer to get it to teperature. After speaking with you in person i had adressed the issue with our longterm guests and have resolved that issue. we hope that when you come back to the madison area you will choose us again as your hotel provider.
Joe Reinhart
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'll start by saying I was able to get a rate that was about $30 to $50 less per night than the nearest competitors I also considered, which made GrandStay a good value. If the price difference would have been smaller I may have spent just a bit more to stay at one of the newer hotels within a mile. (In other words, it's a good choice if you can get a decent deal.)

The hotel itself is on the verge of starting to look worn and outdated and you shouldn't expect high-end granite in the bathroom or some of the other aesthetic 'perks' of newer hotels. However, it was clean and safe and conveniently located to where I was traveling for work. What stood out to me were the staff. The woman I spoke with over the phone to make the reservation was more friendly and helpful than most and seemed to genuinely appreciate my business. She made an excellent first impression. The front desk check-in attendant was also very nice and helpful, and the employee working in the breakfast area cared about doing her job well and you could tell. She stayed busy making sure the space was clean and well-stocked and even asked the guests how their stay and their breakfast was so far. Great attitudes by all the employees I encountered.

It isn't the absolute nicest place I've stayed, nor is it the cheapest, but I think it's a very good value overall. I'd be happy to return the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Joseph R, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. And yes we do have an amazing staff here who cares about each persons needs. This year we will be updating our hotel with new carpet and paint and i know when you return you will be impressed. thank you again
Barstow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had a beautiful suite with large frig, dishwasher, cooktop, toaster, bartop/stools and a loveseat. It was clean, got a good nights sleep. Breakfast had waffles, sausage, eggs, yogurt, pastry and more. Outside the have a play ground for kids. Hotel is about a mile from resturants & shopping which made it very quiet. Yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Joseph R, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words. We at the GrandStay hotel take pride in making sure every guest leaves happy. With more amenities than the next hotel and happy helpfull employees we are glad you had a grand stay. Hope to see you again soon.
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in early May for a family event. We had stayed here twice in the past two years. We returned because it had a nice play area for the kids, bigger rooms, and was fairly priced. The first thing we noticed when we got into our room was it looked quite run down compared to our last visit. The entire hotel could use a good, deep cleaning, but our room really needed it. There was dirt, grime, and dust in all the corners. The walls were dirty, especially by the vanity and the bathroom door. It looked like someone spilled mouthwash down the wall and door. The windows need to be cleaned and the drapes vacuumed. The carpets need to be cleaned...my brand new white socks should not have looked the way they did after walking around the room. Light switches and door knobs were sticky and dirty. I always go back over all hard surfaces with disinfecting wipes and the wipe was dirty after I wiped a few things down. I had to scrub sticky residue off the counter. The refrigerator needs a good cleaning, not just a wipe down and the ice maker and ice bin need to be cleaned. I also question if the dishes in the cupboard are really cleaned because a glass and a coffee cup I took from the cupboard were dirty. The coffee pot was so dirty I wouldn't use it. An even bigger issue was the air conditioning. It was a warm weekend and I like a cool room. The room was very warm, 75º when we arrived, so I turned the air to 65º to get it to cool off quickly. The entire time we were there, we could never get the room to cool below 72º. As soon as the room cooled to 72º the compressor turned off. After a while the compressor didn't come on at all. The maintenance man even came in on his time off to check it. He did something that got the compressor to turn on, but as soon as it hit 72º, it shut off again. Sleeping was horrible. The first night the temperature rose to 76º and nothing kicked on. I don't know if it had a movement sensor or had an auto shut-off, but sleeping was terrible. We could open one window, but that actually made it worse because it was peak season for my spring allergies. I woke up every morning congested and swollen. We finally got two small, dusty, dirty fans from the front desk. No one even bothered to clean them up so I had to. One worked, one didn't. I complained several times about the room temperature, but except for maintenance coming up the first day, my complaints were ignored..no offer to change rooms, no apology, nothing. Breakfast was passable. Soggy french toast crammed into a small crockpot, a watery mishmash of egg patties, omelets, and scrambled all in the same pan, and rubbery, microwaved sausages. The breakfast attendant was a little short at first, but who could blame her. She not only had to keep on top of the breakfast, but take care of the front desk, handling all customers by herself. This hotel is not what it used to be. I don't know if it is understaffed or poorly staffed, but we will not be giving them another chance. It's too bad because this used to be a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Joseph R, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
we our so so sorry that the room was not cleaned properly. I can assure you it is not a everyday thing here at the grandstay. we strrive to ensure that rooms are cleaned and preped for every guest. we are so sorry agian and hope you may give us another chance in the future.