“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 63 hotels in Madison
Shorewood, Wisconsin
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been staying at the Grandstay since last year any time I have to be in Madison and I have never been disappointed by their excellent customer service and great accommodations. The hot breakfast is great!

I highly recommend it for business or pleasure! The beds are very comfortable and the suites are great. Since the times I have been at Madison have to do with business, I have yet to experience the pool and hot tub but I hope some day to be able to enjoy them!

Room Tip: Ask for the "balcony" suite for an awesome room experience! It is huge and roomy and feels...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AmyEinhaus, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Madisonlover-
We sincerely appreciate you taking time to write a wonderful positive review! Thank you VERY much for your kind words!

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

A very clean place to stay. Our room was a very nice size and they also offered glass dishware (that is always a plus). The GM, Amy was very pleasant and was made available for additional questions and service. Janet, the lady who was in charge of breakfast was AMAZING! She was always replenishing the hot foods. There was also a very large assortment of foods and drinks during the morning. The only negative I would have to say was the pool was a bit tiny. If you have small children it would be great. Teenagers - not so much. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: 216 was a great room! One bedroom. The living room is a little small but a nice kitchen comes with!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Kerry,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Wheeling, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We only stayed one night here, darn! wish we could have stayed longer. This place is great! It's clean, and very nice for the price. we paid $100.00 for the night and we had a double bed and sofa bed in two seperate rooms. There was a very nice little kitchenette with a lovely island. Refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave with knives and forks and paper towels, and towels...etc. one of the best things is they are environmentally friendly. The continental breakfast is included and it yummy! we ate outside, where there is a little playground, a tiny golf green, picnic tables. and a little basketball court. The people there are very welcoming and friendly. I would surely recommend this hotel and I know the next time we are in Madison this is where we will stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with your stay. Great guests like yourself make our job easy and fulfilling. Thank You again!
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a great hotel. Their staff was extremely friendly and and always helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. A very nice hot breakfast is provided. We highly recommend t his as the best hotel in Madison. The only negative (and a small one at that) was they were a little skimpy with replacing soaps. Ours were quite thin and broken and we still had to go find housekeeping to get replacement.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Karen-
Your positive review means the world to my staff and I. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and strive for the highest quality in customer service. We look forward to take care of your future travel needs.
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed while in Madison for wedding. The bedrooms were a bit small, but everything was clean and well maintained. The kitchens were well-equipped. The breakfast had a nice variety. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. It was obvious that they wanted us to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your review. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts!
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I spent a week at this facility and can't say enough positives about the staff. In particular, Amy, the Head Manager, was extraordinary! She really paid attention to what was going on with the guests at the hotel; she provided what I needed before I even realized I needed it. It was wonderful to enter the building and the staff remembered my name, called me by it, and looked happy to see me. Peter was also unbelievable. He took what could have been a frustrating evening and turned it into a positive. His demeanor and attitude enabled me to find humor in my lack of ability to use electronics, and he did so in a way that did not make me feel less because of my lack. Also, the staff was wonderful with my children. Some facilities can make children feel they are not welcome without their parents; this facility is absolutely not one of them. I do not foresee returning to Madison anytime soon, but will not hesitate to stay there, and tell anyone I know visiting that city that this is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Everyone I met was friendly and helpful. We stayed a week and I loved the large breakfast assortment we had to choose from. The suites were large and comfortable.The only thing I did not like was the cleaning people came anywhere between 9-3 and someone had to be there to attend our dog when the cleaning person was in the room. They could never tell me when they would be there so we could leave the dog alone and I did not like sitting around waiting for them to come to clean. I had even asked if I could have them come in the mornings but they said some girls start with the top floor and others start with the bottom floor so they cannot tell when they will be there. Most of our stay we had to take the dog with us when we left. All else was very good and I would stay again but without my dog.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, choose a first floor suite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AmyEinhaus, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We will look into a more convenient way to accommodate guests with animals such as yourself. Thank you again.

Been to GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison? Share your experiences!