“great discount rates, friendly staff, perfect amenities for long-term stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

You added Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Junction Court, Madison, WI 53717 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Madison, Wisconsin
“great discount rates, friendly staff, perfect amenities for long-term stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I ended up here when my sublet fell through and I needed a cheap place to stay for a few weeks. Through Priceline, I was able to get rooms from between $38 and $40 a night, which is quite amazing given that the rooms are full suites with completely functional kitchens (full-size fridge, stove top, oven, sink, dishes, and cookware), cable television, free wi-fi, and comfortable and clean (if two-star) furnishings. There is a small gym, a coin-op laundry, free grab-and-go-type breakfast, and a heated outdoor pool and cookout area in the back for warmer weather. Paulette, Pam, and the rest of the staff were unflaggingly helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back away from the Beltline are quieter. There's a picnic bench in the back for sm...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your fully equipped kitchen and all the amenities we offer. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our free Wi-Fi, your clean, comfortable room and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your great comments with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Shorewood, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here with my 10-year-old daughter while in Madison for a State swim competition last weekend. I got a ridiculously good rate off a third-party site... HOWEVER, the property was listed as a 3-star hotel (by Hotwire). This is not a 3-star property... and tripadvisor lists it as a 2-star. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean however the furniture was worn, ripped, stained, etc. The hallway was consistent with an apartment building with people cooking all sorts of food... we plugged our noses walking to the elevator. And, the walls/door was paper-thin and you could hear everything. Luckily, my daughter sleeps like a rock so she was fine. I, however, was awake with it all. Again, you get what you pay for so I really shouldn't complain. And, to end on a positive note, if you aren't spending a ton of time in the room and you get a good rate, you should go for it.

Room Tip: Stay away from a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Anna – Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable bed at a great rate; however, I apologize that you found the furniture in your room to be worn. As well, I am sorry that you experienced unpleasant odors in the hallway and noise disturbances from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We would love to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I ended up at Extended Stay west Madison via Hotwire. Due to my past experiences with Extended Stay America, I would not have considered this hotel. It turned out to be great. While most Extended Stays are kind of run down and well-used, this one was not. Any hotel that has guests frequently staying a week or more at a time tend to get run down and shabby fast. In this hotel, everything was clean and up to date and no surprises. The evening desk clerk was Taylor, and she could not have been more helpful, right down to an extra bag of coffee for the coffee maker in my room. Be sure to book this one (that used to be an Extended Stay Deluxe) instead of the one next door.

Room Tip: Perhaps requesting a room not facing the freeway would be a good idea.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always a pleasure when we hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We take pride in our work and the staff is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure our guests are satisfied with their experience. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm not surprised to say I liked my room at this hotel more than the apartment I currently have. For someone new to the area without the burden of knowing other people, this hotel gave me most everything I needed to be comfortable and happy. You'll be surprised how often you'll take colanders and can openers for granted until you realize you forgot to pack yours, but this place takes care of those for you.

Paulette and Andy, the front desk staff I interacted with most over my stay, definitely made all the difference in how welcome I felt to the area -- it's the little things they told me, like how locals drive in snowy conditions and where the nearest grocery stores and post offices were, those things you don't really think about until you need them.

Getting fed every Monday evening on the house was superb, too. Also, feel free to take advantage of their coffee/tea/cocoa/cider stand in the lobby -- I know I did.

My only complaint about my stay was the so-so internet. 3 Mbps is enough for web browsing, but I obviously ran into stuttering problems while streaming. I wonder if this place can look into upgrading their connections for the future?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Christopher - It is so wonderful to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our spacious studios and well equipped kitchens. Our hotels are designed to make any stay comfortable, whether you are staying for just a couple of nights or if you are going to be a guest of ours for a longer period of time. I was also pleased to read your comments about the customer service you received from Paulette and Andy. It is rewarding to know how well our team does with taking care of our guests.

Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We got to the hotel and realized we booked the wrong date on one of the travel websites. Paulette was nice enough to give us a room compliments of the hotel. The room was nice and clean. Overall, this hotel has been by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I would recommend it to anyone who visits the Madison area.

Room Tip: If you want a view choose any side but the east side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Business travelers beware! Though the price is good the level of customer service is not the best. After a long night of delayed travel, I arrived around 11pm. One of the amenities at the hotel is a printer. I am a trainer and often have a need to print materials. When I asked the hotel clerk about the printer. She advised me that it did not work. She advised me to call down in the morning and ask for the manager and she could tell me the email to send my document to and she could print it out. When I called to the Front Desk the next morning, I was advised by the SAME woman who checked me in that the manager was not there. I asked here what I should do and she said "go ahead and try to use the printer" She was the one who told me it did not work.. She admitted she really did not know if it worked and when I asked for directions as they use a cloud based service, she said she did not know. I really needed to prep this material the previous night and had to reschedule my delivery of material.

This is a reflection of poor training!! She did not even apologize for the inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Stacy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I do apologize for the printer and that the night attendant could not assist you. I have talked and explained to her how the printer works. We do assist our guest with larger printing needs by sending it to our computer and we print it for our guest. Again I apologize for the misunderstanding on the print me station we offer our guest.

Again thank you and I do hope you return again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I would like to say this is a great hotel. I've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world, and have to say the staff are second to none. Coming over to the US for the first time (I've now stayed in the hotel twice for 4 weeks), I have found them warm, welcoming, professional, and always help when ever I ask them (which I do often).
The rooms are clean and furnished like an apartment which is great when you're so far away from home.

Thanks again to Paulette and the team ... Steve (UK)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so glad that our staff took such great care of you and that you truly enjoyed your first (and second) stay in the U.S. It is also great to read that your room, for each of your stays, was clean and comfortable.

Once again thank you for taking the time to comment, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Madison on your next visit.

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Address: 45 Junction Court, Madison, WI 53717 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#16 Business Hotel in Madison
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West Hotel Madison
Extended Stay Madison
Madison Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.