“Wonderful Customers Service” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Langdon St, Madison, WI 53704   |
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Madison
“Wonderful Customers Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a beautiful view. You could describe the hotel as elegant, quaint and classic. The staff was responsive. The breakfast ample. Easy to walk to capital and campus. I would visit again. Lake and bike trails abound. People watching is fun too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for writing such a nice review. I'm glad you found the hotel so much to your liking.

I'm glad our staff took great care of you and that you had plenty of opportunities to enjoy all the recreation and attractions that Madison has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bill Wellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at the campus inn. It is a fabulous location as it is right in the hustle and bustle of downtown and also close to campus.I love the style of the hotel as it had a retro chic feel to it. The staff was extremely courteous and helped out with every need I had. The beds and linens were extremely comfortable and the towels were the fluffiest I've ever seen at a hotel. The room was also very clean and organize. There was also free parking and an ample amount of parking which is nearly impossible to find downtown.I had to check out early but they had a free breakfast warm and ready for me to eat. Again, it was the best hotel breakfast I have had.I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location so convenient for exploring downtown and the UW. I'm also glad we were able to be a great solution to the challenges of parking downtown.

We've worked hard to ensure that our guests start each day with a great breakfast and I'm glad you found it to be the best ever! I've passed your compliments to our Food and Beverage team who were most appreciative.

Thank you for recommending us to others and it's great to know that although this was your first stay with us, we've already earned your loyalty. Please let us know what we can do to make your next visit even more memorable.

Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Dahlman Inn was great . If you are doing anything near the campus I would highly recommend it. I was at a conference for 4 days and the time flew by. I felt like I had all the
comforts of home (and more) . My queen size bed was very comfortable and the evening
were fun as well . A warm complementary breakfast and NY Times every morning ,and complementary snacks and desserts in the evening. A lot of fun and interesting places to
eat, visit are near by. I would definitely stay here anytime I'm in Madison

Room Tip: I think any room would be good . A group of us were at the hotel for a conference ,and some were in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your impressions of our hotel.. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable and productive visit!

Thanks for making us your #1 choice in Madison - I look forward to welcoming you back whether for your conference or just for fun!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was in Madison for a sales conference June 16-18. Due to bad weather my flight out that night was cancelled. With a heavy heart, I was missing my daughter's birthday, I went back to the hotel the conference was at only to find out they had no rooms available. They were able to get me a room at The Campus Inn. Upon arrival I found the interior to be very charming and welcoming. The staff was very helpful and professional. After dropping my bags in the room I headed to the hotel bar. Upon entering I noticed two things. First the bar room while not too large has a rich, cigar bar-esque type of feel. And secondly the bartender was hot!! I chose to sit at the bar and after getting my drink he asked why I was in Madison. I told him my saga and how horrible I felt missing my daughter's birthday. Over the course of the next few hours Ted was engaging in conversation and had me laughing before I knew it! He was very professional but very kind to get me talking and out of my funk. Being in sales I know first hand what going above and beyond looks like. I could've been just a customer ordering beers but that's clearly not his style.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be encouraging my company to look into booking there. But ladies, this hotel comes with a sexy bartender;)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Andrea F.,

Wow! I'm glad you found Ted to be such a service-oriented employee...and much more!

Ted and our of our staff are great at providing the kind of personalized service you described - something that's not common at the larger branded hotels, and I'm glad you appreciated that he was able to cheer you up and turn a difficult day into a more memorable one.

I'm also glad you enjoyed the charm and welcoming atmosphere of the hotel. Please let us know when you're returning to Madison - we look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully seeing your company's colleague's as well. I'll make sure Ted is on duty.

Thanks again for sharing such a nice review.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Dahlmann Inn is ideally located if you are attending anything at UW since it's a 2 min walk from the hotel to Memorial Union. It's also one block over from the ever-hopping State Street. The Inn is small and cozy. I had a corner king-bed room which was very large and comfortably appointed. As many reviews attest, the bathroom was small but adequate. Closet was tiny and w/o a door. The bathtub/shower was cramped though - I am not at all large and my elbows kept crashing into the shower door and wall. My room was super quiet - couldn't hear anything from the street at all. Wi-Fi worked well. Bed was comfortable (a bit soft for my taste but that's just my taste) with nice linens. They offer complimentary snacks and desserts - unfortunately, I was at a conference all day and couldn't try them out. The only thing that I wish they had is room service. Sometimes you just want to eat something in peace and quiet. But all in all, a very nice and restful place. Will definitely return. Enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Corny S.,

Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Your compliments regarding our cozy atmosphere, close proximity to the Memorial Union, State Street, etc., and our comfortable beds. are appreciated - these are some of the things we hear consistently and we're glad they worked well for you. Your thoughts regarding our smaller bathrooms and open-style closet will be taken into account as we embark on some exciting room renovations early next year.

Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to enjoy the offerings of the Chancellor's Club on a future visit but we know how important it is to get a bite to eat at the end of a busy day and we will also evaluate options for providing some type of room service as part of our renovation process.

Thanks again - we look forward to your next visit.

Seattle, Washington USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights while on business. Overall, a very good hotel. Great location, walking distance to restaurants, UW campus, lake shore, The Capitol, and convenient to main thoroughfares. The room I had was spacious, very clean, and well-maintained. The closet, however, was a bit small and its door quite narrow to easily get things in and out of. The bathroom is spacious as well, well-appointed with toiletries and plush towels. The service is friendly and helpful. Lots of parking spaces for hotel guests. I would’ve given this a higher rating except the breakfast selection and quality was quite disappointing. However, this is a good hotel if its location suits your needs and you don't mind the somewhat "old fashioned" style decor (not my personal preference).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM-The_Campus_Inn, Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear x2fr,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad that you had a great visit overall and found our location, rooms, service and most other aspects to your liking. I'm disappointed that our breakfast selection did not meet your needs - while our complimentary buffet includes eggs, sausages and potatoes along with many traditional Continental favorites such as pastries, bagels, and yogurt, I would certainly like to get your thoughts on what we might include to add variety, as well as what aspects were not of the highest-quality, as we take pride in making sure that our guests have a great breakfast, prepared with high-quality (local whenever possible) ingredients to start their day. Please feel free to call or send your thoughts on this to me.

Looking forward to being your host for future visits!

gm@thecampusinn.com
800-589-6285
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Take it from 8 old alumni visiting our alma mater, this is the most perfect location and luxurious hotel in Madison. Rooms are spacious, sunny, airy (windows openable) and the desk staff is highly helpful and professional, lead by Spencer, who is destined for hotel management stardom in his future. Amenities abound, lead by full hearty sausage, egg, potato hot breakfast also including croissants to die for plus other pastries. The evening bar and breakfast room is led by Ted, another star in the hotel management business. Ted will really get your attention by his upbeat can do attitude for any customer need. Amazing how a hotel can get such talent.

Room Tip: If you like nice sunny morning wake up, choose east facing room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Phil y,

I don't know how we can exceed "Better than perfect" but we will keep trying! Thank you so much for the nice comments - I'm glad you enjoyed our guest rooms, breakfast (we love our locally-made croissants too!) and our service. I've passed your comments to Spencer and Ted - indeed we are blessed to have such great talent on our management team, and it's great that our guests notice.

Looking forward to your return!

Bill Wellman

Been to Dahlmann Campus Inn? Share your experiences!