“Perfect spot in Madison” 4 of 5 stars

Dahlmann Campus Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Langdon St, Madison, WI 53704   |
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
NY
“Perfect spot in Madison”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

What a great Homecoming Weekend in Madison especially since this hotel is perfectly situated for all activities and so close to the Union - a great place to hang out with friends. The staff was so accommodating and a very nice continental breakfast offered daily with the room. Although rooms are on the smaller side, they are clean and comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your impressions of your visit. I'm glad to hear you had a memorable Homecoming weekend and I'm glad we could be part of it. Your complements of our staff, guest rooms and breakfast are greatly appreciated.

I hope your travels will bring you back to Madison for future homecomings and perhaps other occasions and if so, we'll look forward to welcoming you back!

Bill Wellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family recently stayed at the Campus Inn for a few days. The first thing that we liked about the hotel is the location. It's just a few feet from Stage Street and everything that Stage St has to offer. Unfortunately this also includes all the noisy co-eds coming back from the bars at very late or early hours. Close your widows and have your fan on if its a Thurs-Sun. Another positive is the free taxi to and from the airport. Make sure you ride a Madison Taxi though. The hotel will pay the taxi driver for you. I gave a tip both times. The hotel itself is a boutique hotel so don't expect a large sitting area, restaurant, etc associated with a larger hotel. There is a nice small lobby along with a bar area that has a chess table along with a couple TVs and can sit about 30-40 people. This bar area serves as the breakfast area too. Breakfast is free and there's also early evening happy hour with some snacks. Here is where we found the best service by far from Ted and Charles. They were awesome. Always super nice, in great spirits and wanting to make our day. They did. The rest of the staff was nice but nobody really stood out like Charles and Ted. The manager Bill did come and greet us in the bar area and was very nice. The other amenities are a parking garage which is pretty tight for larger vehicles, a small fitness room with a couple cardio machines and some free weights, a laptop computer for guests to use and a small side patio. The rooms were nice but a little tight on space and showed some age. The beds were very soft but manly due to being old I believe. One of ours sagged in the middle. Overall we had a good experience at the hotel.

Stayed October 2013
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. While I'm glad that many of the aspects of your stay were very positive, I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by outside noise and that you found your bed to be too soft.

Please trust that what you experienced is not the impression we want to leave with our guests. Our windows are triple-paned, noise-reducing windows that were installed to eliminate outside noise. I am concerned that we created an inconvenience for you and will ensure that you are assigned to a quieter side of the hotel so that you may leave your windows open if you desire. Additionally, we realize how important a comfortable bed is, and although the softness you experienced may be due to our pillow-top mattresses, if you will let me know which room you were in, we will replace the mattress if it is aging.

I would like an opportunity to renew your trust in us by offering you a discount on your next stay. Please accept it as a token of our gratitude for taking the time to constructively point out our shortcoming.

Please contact me at 800-589-6285 so that I may personally your arrangements and see to it that your next visit and any future visits are much more enjoyable.

I look forward to hearing from you.

800-589-6285
gm@thecampusinn.com
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here twice this past summer, and I believe it to be the best option for the money in the campus/downtown area. It is elegant, without being "fancy." Fairly no frills, but well taken care of and comfortable. Staff is accommodating without being intrusive. My first stay, I had a middle room, so no neighbors on either side; the second time, I had a corner room, with windows overlooking Langdon Street and a view of the lake. In both rooms, noise was never an issue. The included breakfast was a plus. And while I did not take advantage of this, I heard another party being offered complimentary transportation to the airport.

Room Tip: Don't worry abut being too close to the street. I heard nothing from the outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GM-The_Campus_Inn, Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We appreciate your loyalty, and I'm glad you had such an enjoyable visit. Our staff sincerely enjoys taking good care of our guests and I'm glad you found their efforts to be such a positive aspect of your stay.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your future visits to Madison even more enjoyable.

gm@thecampusinn.com
800-589-6285
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the perfect location for a visit to UW Madison campus, just one block from State street eateries and just a couple of blocks from many of the academic buildings on campus. The hotel has nice rooms, free wifi, free breakfast and free snacks at night in the bar, and the desk staff were super friendly. They even pay your taxi fare to and from the airport if you use their preferred taxi company (ask the hotel which one it is).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel met all of your needs. I enjoy hearing such positive feedback about our service and I will pass along your very nice compliments to our front desk staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Livingston, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at the Dahlmann Campus Inn for two nights immediately following a very busy Labor Day weekend at the hotel. I am admittedly a somewhat fussy traveller and have some special needs but although the staff had just finished up a grueling Labor Day stretch they were extremely kind, accommodating and patient. My room was classy and comfortable, parking was easy, and the great little bar adjacent to the lobby was the perfect place to relax. Even the free coffee was nice and strong. I have stayed at this hotel twice now and see no reason to stay anywhere else in downtown Madison. The rates are excellent - especially considering the quality, service and central location of the hotel (State Street, Lake Mendota, UW and the Memorial Union are all within a 2-3 minute walk). I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Madison - it is the perfect place from which to explore this fantastic city. Thank you to the staff at the Campus Inn - you guys are wonderful!

Room Tip: Some non-corner rooms on the west side may not have as beautiful a view as others, but I cannot say...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for this very nice review - I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your impressions. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff was able to take such good care of your special requests. We get allot of great comments on our coffee - it's roasted locally, in Door County Wisconsin, and it is one of my favorite roasts as well. We appreciate your loyalty and we're glad you appreciate the value that we offer.

I will pass your thanks onto our staff, and please know that we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We just returned to Madison for our 45th anniversary and stayed on campus, where we had met 48 years ago. We were delighted to discover this renovated property, which we knew in its former life. It is elegant, with very comfortable rooms and beautiful public rooms. We enjoyed the pre-dinner appetizers and the hot breakfast in the morning -- all included -- and could have had a complimentary dessert as well. Parking was also included, making this hotel a lovely stay and a good value. We will return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I'm honored that we could be part of your celebration. Congratulations on your 45th anniversary!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for the very nice compliments. It's great that you had an opportunity to come back to a place you once new, and see what our owners have done to make it such a beautiful place to stay. Please let me know if your future visits bring you back to Madison - we look forward to welcoming you again.

Pittsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've stayed at the Campus Inn twice (when my daughter first looked at U Wisc -Madison; then again last week when she moved in as a freshman), and already have a third stay booked. We were very pleased with the hotel, particularly its management and staff. The hotel is convenient to campus, State St. shops and restaurants and the Capital area, the rooms are comfortable, clean and while not the largest, are fine and the size you'd expect in a city hotel. What really stands out is the management and staff. From the front desk, to the housekeeping staff, to those working the complimentary breakfast and bar - - all were friendly, customer-focused, competent, helpful and interested in providing the best service and experience. Quite coincidentally, I had the opportunity to speak to the General Manager, Bill Wellman, who is clearly well-experienced, knowledgeable and professional in his selection and development of his staff, and the hotel reflects that. Overall, a good pick for a comfortable stay and terrific location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I'm so glad you've enjoyed your visits and sincerely appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for sharing your very nice comments regarding the hotel and our staff. Indeed, our staff is selected based on their friendliness, professionalism, and their sincere desire create memorable experiences for our guests and I'm proud of how well they do that on a consistent basis. Your compliments are sincerely appreciated.

Please let me know if there is anything special we can do for you when your travels bring you back to Madison. All the best to your daughter as she begins her college experience at UW!

Bill Wellman

Been to Dahlmann Campus Inn? Share your experiences!