“Great location, tired rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Dahlmann Campus Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Langdon St, Madison, WI 53704   |
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location, tired rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is wonderful. You can walk to lots of shops and restaurants and it's close to Greek Row, if that matters to you. The staff was nice as well. However, the rooms needed updating. There were no plugs next to the bed to recharge your phone. I had to climb over the toilet to get into the shower. It was okay, but I will try someplace else next time. Additionally, they don't have much parking so you may end up in a garage a few blocks away. They pay for it, but it's inconvenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay. I'm glad that our location was so convenient for you and our staff took good care of your needs.

You may be happy to know that we are currently undergoing some physical improvements that will increase the floor space in many of our bathrooms. In addition, your observation regarding the lack of a phone plug near the bed in some of our rooms is a good one - we have plugs throughout the room, as well as a lamp with an outlet on our desks and workspaces that allow for convenient charging but having your phone available while you sleep makes good sense and we will look into ways to address that. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and ensure that you are assigned a room that works better for you in every way.

Our on-site parking is nearly always sufficient for all of our guests - during our busiest times (such as student move-in, when you were with us) however, we may need to utilize a city lot a block away. We try to alleviate any inconvenience by offering valet parking for our guests in that situation and if you were not offered that service, I sincerely apologize.

Please let me know how we might renew your trust in us during a future visit by contacting me directly by phone, my Trip Advisor account, or my email.

800-589-6285 x101
gm@thecampusinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Barneve
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I contacted the Campus Inn a couple of months ago to check and see if secure bicycle parking was available. I received a prompt and friendly reply from the general manager explaining that they could take care of me. About five days later I received a very nice follow up message to see if I had selected lodging yet. This attention was what earned The Campus Inn my stay as a couple other hotels close by didn't even bother to respond. Fast forward to a couple days ago and we arrived in town via bicycle. The gentleman at the front desk, when bringing up our reservation, mentioned "let me show you where you can park your bicycles". He also wished me a happy anniversary. The fact that our reservation had notes about those two things and he keyed on them right away was some much appreciated attention to detail. There were a couple of other very nice surprises during our stay to which I think the GM (Bill Wellman) deserves a huge thank you. Some hotels serve your needs but the Campus Inn knocked them outta the park. There is no question as to where I will stay next time I need a room in Madison.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and honored to have been given the opportunity to be part of your anniversary celebration! It was truly our pleasure to take care of you.

We look forward to seeing you again, and thank you for writing such a nice review of your stay.

General Manger
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I always enjoy independent hotels, whether in the US or traveling abroad. Campus Inn provides the ambiance and feel of those European boutique hotels I always favor. The hotel's lay out, the service, the design- touches say London. And it's so close to everything. Give it a try.

Room Tip: Corner rooms provide great views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I'm so happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel - thank you for the very kind words.

We look forward to your next visit whenever your travels bring you back to Madison.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my first trip to Madison and this hotel definitely made it great. The staff is friendly, the room was clean and nice and the amenities were five star quality. I've stayed at many many hotels and this is definitely my favorite. It's centrally located right by campus and State street, everything is pretty much walking distance, including the bars and nightlife. I highly recommend this to anyone in Madison.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad you enjoyed your fist visit to our beautiful city and so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience at our hotel. I'm glad we've become your favorite!

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Madison. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even more memorable.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Dahlmann for a weekend in late July, and we liked it very much. We were impressed with the nice lobby, we enjoyed the hearty, complimentary breakfast, and our room was great. We appreciated having a parking space, and we did not move our car at all during the weekend. We were especially impressed with the helpful, friendly and considerate staff. We will definitely stay there again. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the time you took to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I will share your very nice comments regarding our staff with each of our departments; I know they will be pleased that you appreciated their efforts.

Please let us know when you are returning to Madison - we'd be honored to be your host again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a nice stay at the Dahlmann. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was absolutely amazing, kept us full for hours! We were very close to Greek Life which made it a bit loud at night but in a great location for night life. Right around the corner from busy State Street which leads you straight to the Capitol Building. The room was spacious, clean, and quaint. The walls are thin, so if you are a light sleeper you might have a few issues. I would probably stay in a different hotel next time to get a different view of such an amazing city but would definitely recommend this hotel to those visiting the campus! Overall I enjoyed the experience this hotel offered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your very nice impressions of your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and found our staff to be so friendly and professional.

I would love to have you make us your only home away from home while visiting Madison so please let me know when you are returning and we'll gladly do whatever it takes to welcome you back!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great location for UW and downtown. Can walk almost anywhere from hotel. Older property but well maintained. Rooms very comfortable and spacious. Free breakfast is average at best, but hotel service was very pleasant. A very good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with other Trip Advisor users. I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel and found it to be a good value. Indeed, our location is perfect for just about any reason one would come to Madison.

I sincerely appreciate your compliments regarding our guest rooms, the maintenance of the property, and our service. As we are the only downtown hotel offering a complimentary breakfast, including a hot buffet of eggs, sausages and potatoes, it would be helpful for me to know what items you would like to see, or how else we could improve it, in order to make that aspect better for you and our guests in the future. Please contact me whenever you have a moment.

Please let us know when you'll be returning to Madison - we'll look forward to welcoming you back!

gm@thecampusinn.com
800-589-6285

Been to Dahlmann Campus Inn? Share your experiences!