“Delightful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Madison
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
“Delightful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I do not normally write reviews, however, staying at the Dahlmann Campus Inn in Madison was simply delightful. The entire front desk staff could not have been more helpful....I was welcomed very warmly and professionally at check in and all my questions were answered. Selections were many at the complimentary breakfast and the evening plate, also complimentary, was perfect. My corner room was bright and cheerful which complemented the lovely atmosphere of this gem of a hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts. I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable stay with us!

Our staff truly enjoys welcoming and assisting our guests and our front desk team appreciated your compliments of their efforts.

We'll look forward to your next visit and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it an even more memorable one.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
West Suburbs, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I experienced this hotel while in Madison to do some work with a local company. I never knew about this place until I saw one of their ads the last time I was in town and thought I’d try it this time. I like trying new places, new restaurants, etc. I usually stay at one of the chains, but I really liked this so much more – just a really nice experience every step of the way. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Price was ok, paid a bit more than I usually do, but it was so worth it – everything is included, no charge for WiFi, a hot breakfast (which was great!), free goodies with drinks and desserts in the bar every night. Nice feature is the free indoor parking (a MUST in the north during the winter!). The room was comfortable, maybe a bit smaller than the chains, but I think that is to be expected in a middle of the city location – the décor is very elegant, almost like staying in a 5-star hotel. They don’t have room service, which I wish they did, maybe that is something that they will consider in the future, but being right in town, you are only a short walk away from a number of great restaurants. I will be back and will tell others how nice this little hotel is. I’m gathering they’re much busier the rest of the year and I’m sure they charge more when there’s football games and other things happening on campus, but still, IMO, it’s a really great value. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay again the next time I’m in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GM-The_Campus_Inn, Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I'm so glad to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and found our hotel to be such a great value for you and a welcome change from the chains hotels. Your complements to our staff have been passed along to them and are much appreciated. I appreciate your suggestion to add room service but glad you found some of the many outstanding restaurants close to the hotel to your liking - there are an amazing number of excellent choices.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're excited to know you'll be back and looking forward to your next visit! If there is anything special we can do to make it even more memorable, please let me know.

Libertyville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My almost 2 week stay at the Campus Inn was the most peaceful stay I've ever experienced at a hotel. As you enter the front door you are greeted by the friendly staff as well as an inviting lobby with a comfortable living room style atmosphere. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully designed; and if possible, upgrade to a suite and the amenities get better. The breakfast in the morning was delicious, more than expected, and the service impeccable. In the evening, visit the happy hour (Chancellor Club), where you will be greeted by friendly people and great conversation. The Wisconsin cheese platter appetizer is apropos and is complimentary to all guests during these early evening hours. Later on, you will find a delicious dessert spread for anyone with a sweet tooth, also complimentary. All in all, my experience was extremely positive, and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else while visiting Madison.
The Amazing Staff:
Bill...General Manager who is the host with the most making sure everything was to my liking.
Paul...Res. Mgr. who truly went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable.
Sara...Breakfast girl who worked so hard to accommodate at breakfast in the morning.
Gianna...The friendly "Good Morning" every day whose conversation was so interesting.
Ted...Made each day happy with his energy and smile and outstanding service.
Stephen...Great bartender, amazing student (try his Old Fashioned drink), and great conversation.
And to all of those not mentioned personally who are part of the staff, I thank you for your friendly, warm, courteous and outstanding service during my extended stay. I wish you all a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year 2013.
Barbara and Morgan
Rm. 414

Room Tip: The corner rooms are more spacious and the suites are wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay! Your compliments to our individual staff members have been shared with them - we all enjoy welcoming and taking good care of our guests, but it really means allot to all of us when those efforts are acknowledged and appreciated. I'm glad we could provide a peaceful expereince for you amidst the stress of being away from home for a long period of time (and being snowed in for a few days!) and I'm glad that our guest rooms, our breakfast, the Chancellor's Club offerings, and your interactions with our staff exceeded your expectations.

Please let us know when you are returning to Madison and how we can make your next stay an even more memorable one - we're looking forward to your return. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Really, "The best in thirty years of traveling"? Yes. And the reasons are 1) the location is fantastic and 2) I have never felt more comfortable when on the road. Not fancy, not all the gee-gaws of a higher-priced hotel, but charming, clean and cozy, and almost perfect. The rooms were redolent of clean, fresh linen and no flaw could be found. Certainly, nothing is larger than it has to be but that was just fine. Your room has an actual brass key rather than a magnetic card that reminds you that you are just as disposable. We felt at home from the moment we arrived and throughout the weekend.
Half a block from State Street and with the campus and capitol within walking distance, I could not believe that this gem is just a block from the notorious University Inn.
The staff was top-notch in friendliness and competency except for the lounge attendant on the Saturday night we were there and who is the only reason for a less than Excellent rating. (And once her hirsute boyfriend showed up, nothing could be had without an interruption.)
My one sadness is that we were there for my daughter's graduation and I cannot see that I will be returning to Madison in the future. But if I do, I know where we are staying!

Room Tip: One room of the king suite on the third floor features a large, more open, bathroom that plus-sized...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you so much for such an in-depth and complimentary review. We're humbled and honored to know that our hotel is the best you've ever experienced in thirty years of travel! I'm glad that our location, guest rooms, amenities, and attention to small details made you so feel so comfortable. And thank you for recognizing the significance of our brass keys - we agree, our guests are unique individuals and we strive to ensure they always feel special!

I'm glad you found our staff be professional and gracious, overall. The distracting presence of one of our staff member's friends is against our policies and has been addressed to ensure that all of our guests receive nothing less than attentive service in the future.

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation - I hope you will find a few reasons to return to Madison if just to revisit and enjoy our wonderful city. Please know that we will welcome you back and do everything to ensure your future visits are just as memorable and enjoyable as your previous ones!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at the Dahlmann Campus Inn for two nights in November 2012. I was travelling alone from the UK for a business trip and was a bit nervous about arriving in Madison, but the Dalmann Campus Inn felt like home instantly. The rooms are very comfortable, quiet, spacious and clean with charming old-school glamour decor. The bed was so comfy it felt like sleeping on a cloud! The bathroom was lovely with a nice shower. The staff were very helpful and courteous and the breakfast service was lovely. Excellent wifi connection. Location couldn't be better - just seconds from State Street with all it's lovely quirky shops and restaurants. If I come to Madison again I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I think probably all the rooms are nice here, so there shouldn't be a problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a complimentary review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able make you feel so comfortable while you were travelling so far from home.

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back Madison, and please let us know if there is anything special we can do to make your next visit even more memorable.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've always enjoyed returning to this classic location - it is a special place for special occasions. The Campus Inn is a peaceful escape from stressful travel, convenient and accessible, always well appointed and full of tasty treats in the Chancellor's Club. It consistently provides a home away from home whenever I am fortunate enough to return to Madison.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GM-The_Campus_Inn, Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for the very nice comments regarding our hotel and your visits to Madison. I'm glad you've felt so welcomed and able to enjoy all that we have to offer.

I appreciate your loyalty, and if there's anything we can do to make your future visits even more enjoyable, please let me know.

Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were in Madison for a long-weekend visit and football game, initially staying at the Lowell Center, when our flight to the east coast was cancelled due to Hurrican Sandy. As the Lowell could not accommodate us, we walked across the street and secured a room at the Campus Inn--an experience that quickly reminded us that some clouds indeed have silver linings. As previously stated, the location and rooms are superb. In addition, the hotel offers free parking on-site or cab service to and from the airport and free breakfast in the morning and free appetizers in the bar at night. What distinguishes this hotel even more, however, is its staff. Due to the circumstances, we ended up staying five nights, extending our visit as our flights were repeatedly cancelled. Aware that we were stranded and concerned about the situation at home, the staff could not have been more gracious or generous--genuinely friendly while displaying incredible professionalism. Special thanks to Lindsey, Marcus, Paul and Stephen for their empathy, help and advice. Our stay was a wonderful experience and we offer our sincere thanks. Simply stated, If you are going to Madison, stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM-The_Campus_Inn, General Manager at Dahlmann Campus Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay. I know you must have had many other priorities upon your return home, and I apprciate your very nice compliments regarding our staff and our hotel. I've passed your comments and gratitude on to the staff members you mentioned.

I was delighted to know that our staff made you feel so at home in Madison - providing a "silver lining" to your experience was the least we could do under the circumstances. I sincerely hope that your situation at home, beyond the extensive flight delays, was not significantly impacted by the hurricane.

We'll be glad to see you again upon your return to Madison.

Bill Wellman

Been to Dahlmann Campus Inn? Share your experiences!