“Decent, clean hotel room for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Aurora, Illinois
“Decent, clean hotel room for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night to attend and participate in a car race in nearby Sun Prairie, WI. The front staff was friendly, signed us up for the rewards program on the spot and accommodated our request for late check-out. The rooms were clean and fairly spacious with a large flat screen TV and fridge. The hotel did seem a bit out of date and in need of a remodel. The price on Hotwire was right for a 3 star hotel, so we bought it. Interesting tip: the front desk said if you call the hotel directly and give them the price you found on Hotwire, they will match it. Might just try that next time. We did use the hot tub and pool, and they were both nice. Bring your suit!

Room Tip: Top Floor rooms on the end of a hall are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Campbell, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've stayed at the BW East Towne multiple times, when we visit the grandkids. We've always had great, friendly service (and the price is right). The rooms are comfortable and spacious. There are a lot of nearby stores and restaurants. We highly recommend this hotel.

Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were passing through the Madison area. Staff was super friendly, and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The pool area was very nice and we had a good splash there after a long day of driving. The hotel staff was very helpful in providing us with restaurant information for supper. There was certainly lots of choices. The hotel is right off the highway and was very quiet. Perfect for us after a long drive, and then a long drive again the next day. If we find ourselves in the Madison area again, we'd stay here again.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is on E wash/ hwy 151 near East Towne Mall. Not as near downtown, but good prices, walkable distance to the mall. They accomodated early check in. Pool area is large and airy and well maintained. Standard hot breakfast. staff was friendly and helpful. Small hotel store with fairly reasonable prices- would stay here again

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Made a quick reservation when stuck at the airport. Chose this for location and the advertised free airport shuttle. Reserved via Expedia.

Called hotel to get the shuttle from airport. They said you have to reserve it 24 hours in advance, or get your own shuttle and pay for it, because they Don't Have Their Own Shuttle Driver. False advertising, clearly. I didn't like the bait and switch or the attitude of the front desk. I reserved at a different hotel.

Expedia was willing to give me a refund under the circumstances as long as they had authorization from Best Western-just a phone call to the front desk.

Expedia came back and told me that the management was not only uncooperative, they were very rude.

I called the hotel again myself, and talked to a different manager, with the same result. They tried to blame it all on Expedia, when Expedia was actually trying to help me and process a refund, they just couldn't get Best Western to cooperate.

It would have been so easy to create a satisfied customer who would be happy to stay at a Best Western again a different time, but the management doesn't seem to have that as a value.

I called Best Western corporate customer service, where they were courteous, but disconnected from the individual hotels, which are franchises. Corporate customer service is just there to answer phones and process reservations.

I won't use Best Western ever again, and I wouldn't get near this one if they were the last hotel in town.

Buyer beware.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Seth C, Manager at BEST WESTERN East Towne Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I'm so sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in regard to a free shuttle ride. Unfortunately, we don't have a full-time shuttle driver. Therefore, the only way we can offer this service for free is to schedule our associates in advance to drive the shuttle. Of course, if you don't make the reservation in advance but we have someone available to drive the shuttle, we will always be happy to offer you a free ride. Please note that the first paragraph in our hotel's description of "General Amenities" on the Expedia website it states, "A complimentary airport shuttle is available from early morning to late night, according to scheduled times (reservations required at least 24 hours in advance)." It's truly not our intention to falsely advertise our services, and I truly hope that the statement on Expedia's site does in fact clearly indicate that advance reservations are required for the shuttle. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the shuttle arrangements, and I hope you will give us another chance.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Because we were gold crown members, the hotel of upgraded us to a king suite. The front part of the suite was so comfortable we stayed up too late anf barely made it to breakfast which ended at 9 a.m.

The breakfast entres are cooked to order and then you can pick up items from the buffet bar. My wife and I both had the eggs over easy and sausage links. We appreciated the fact that they have whole grain bread even though the bread was too big for the toaster and I ended up burning it.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was with my sisters and family in Madison for a child abuse awareness march a month after my nephew was shaken and had to have brain surgery. I arrived to the hotel at 5pm and I had to pay cash so my sister put the room on her credit card and I paid the cash. I didn't think anything of it and never saw the receipt because we left the room at 630 the next morning. Now they charged my sisters credit card for that room also so I paid over $160 for this room. The owner said he believes me but there is NOTHING he can do since it isn't in the computer. I am so appalled at this hotel and that they basically stole $80 from me.

• Stayed April 2013
Seth C, Manager at BEST WESTERN East Towne Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
First, let me say that we truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Second, we would never want to charge you twice for a room. With that said, you called our hotel 2 or 3 weeks after check-out and said that you had paid cash. When I asked for a receipt showing the cash payment, you said you did not have one. Even though I would normally need a receipt to make an adjustment to your card, I did what I could to see if I could find any evidence that you in fact paid cash for your room. I checked our bank deposits from the day you checked in and the day you checked out. I checked every cash paying room in the hotel for those two days. I checked any cash voids for those two days. I checked cash over and short for those two days. I literally checked everything I could to see if there was even the slightest bit of evidence that you had paid cash, and there was a mistake on our part. None of the items that checked even slightly suggested that the hotel received cash from you. Please be assured, that if I was able to find any evidence whatsoever to suggest that we received cash, I would have immediately issued a refund to your card. Please know that if you are ever able to find a receipt issued by our hotel showing a cash payment, we will be happy to issue a refund, even if it's a year from now. In the future, if you pay cash at a hotel, or any other business for that matter, I would suggest that you request a receipt showing the cash payment was made. Best regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN East Towne Suites? Share your experiences!