“Sweet Suite!” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #26 of 63 hotels in Madison
“Sweet Suite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Because we were gold crown members, the hotel of upgraded us to a king suite. The front part of the suite was so comfortable we stayed up too late anf barely made it to breakfast which ended at 9 a.m.

The breakfast entres are cooked to order and then you can pick up items from the buffet bar. My wife and I both had the eggs over easy and sausage links. We appreciated the fact that they have whole grain bread even though the bread was too big for the toaster and I ended up burning it.

• Stayed May 2013

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was with my sisters and family in Madison for a child abuse awareness march a month after my nephew was shaken and had to have brain surgery. I arrived to the hotel at 5pm and I had to pay cash so my sister put the room on her credit card and I paid the cash. I didn't think anything of it and never saw the receipt because we left the room at 630 the next morning. Now they charged my sisters credit card for that room also so I paid over $160 for this room. The owner said he believes me but there is NOTHING he can do since it isn't in the computer. I am so appalled at this hotel and that they basically stole $80 from me.

• Stayed April 2013
Seth C, Manager at BEST WESTERN East Towne Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
First, let me say that we truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Second, we would never want to charge you twice for a room. With that said, you called our hotel 2 or 3 weeks after check-out and said that you had paid cash. When I asked for a receipt showing the cash payment, you said you did not have one. Even though I would normally need a receipt to make an adjustment to your card, I did what I could to see if I could find any evidence that you in fact paid cash for your room. I checked our bank deposits from the day you checked in and the day you checked out. I checked every cash paying room in the hotel for those two days. I checked any cash voids for those two days. I checked cash over and short for those two days. I literally checked everything I could to see if there was even the slightest bit of evidence that you had paid cash, and there was a mistake on our part. None of the items that checked even slightly suggested that the hotel received cash from you. Please be assured, that if I was able to find any evidence whatsoever to suggest that we received cash, I would have immediately issued a refund to your card. Please know that if you are ever able to find a receipt issued by our hotel showing a cash payment, we will be happy to issue a refund, even if it's a year from now. In the future, if you pay cash at a hotel, or any other business for that matter, I would suggest that you request a receipt showing the cash payment was made. Best regards,
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ive been staying here on busines for over eight years. The acomidations are excellent! The staff whether veterins or new just keep getting better and better.If I happen to be in the area a quick call will get me a room, or if I reserve a week in advance, I'm always taken care of like a dignitary.
Location is close to many good resturants, and staff has insight to good local eaterys and provide detailed directions to anywhere you want to go.

Room Tip: I've NEVER had a bad room in the eight years I've been staying here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very nice rooms, the vacume missed someones crackers between the bed and end table, pool area was packed with kids all day and into the night. easy access to the mall and resteraunts. staff at counter were very nice, breakfast was outstanding. Scrambeled eggs sausage potatoes, all juices, great coffee with real cups. cereal for the kids, would reccomend for a business traveler for ease of access to the highway and local food. cleaning staff was not of the english speaking type . seldom is these days, but all in all a nice place to stay for a couple days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Appleton, Wisconsin, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The staff was courteous, rooms were clean and quiet. Time constraints did not allow us to take advantage of the pool and free breakfast, perhaps next time. For a moderately priced hotel the tv was sized nicely, and nice to have the frig included.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Baraboo, Wisconsin, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Always enjoying staying here. Love the hot breakfast in the morning. Only downfall is the equipment for the fitness center was so old I couldn't do a good workout as some parts didn't work. Keep it up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room was amazing. Great size and didnt expect to have a small sofa. Also didnt expect the large screen tv. The price was very reasonable. And the location was perfect for getting on and off the hwy. I was concerned originally with its relative location to the mall but, those concerns were unfounded. It was super quiet there inspite of its proximity to the hwy. And I never heard any other guests. Safe, quiet, clean and a great value. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN East Towne Suites? Share your experiences!