“You will like this place.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Madison, Wisconsin
“You will like this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Short and sweet, but I have only had lunch there and it was really good. Don't be set aside by 1-2 sandwiches, they are plenty big.
Pros...
Service, was patient, knowledgeable, and friendly.
Food was cooked properly, and extremely tasty.
Price is also very good.

Cons...
Price for the weekend lunch buffet is a little high, BUT not for the food they include, such as Salmon. I just prefer to not eat that much food at one time. So, for what I would consume the price is a tad high. Buffet looked amazing though.

Would I go back...YES!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Aalborg, Denmark
“Great beer, goes with the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

The suggest beer to your food, try the beer samples you get and explanation of each beer is great. The food is good and the portions are big. Will come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great service and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I had the special, sliced steak, mushrooms, onions, and cheddar and jack cheese. It was delicious. My friend had the bleu burger and she said it was the best she ever had. She got fried onion rings on top of hers, and the waitstaff overheard me saying I wish I had gotten those, and brought me a serving at no charge. I was very surprised and pleased. The service was excellent but we were there for an early dinner and it was not crowded at the time.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“Been here 3 times, will be back many more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This place is very good. Tried a Granite City in the Twin Cities area, loved it, so came to this one in Madison closer to home (3 times now) and does not disappoint. The food is great quality and one (if one goes earlier in the day) can get lunch sized or larger sized portions. I like the smaller portions, but some like larger portions and it is good to have a choice. Salmon, shrimp, steak, chicken, hamburgers and excellent waffle or small fries that are outstanding. Recommend paying $80 at Costco for $100 dollar certificates. I have been pleased with the service. To the amazement of some people, not everyone in Wisconsin drinks, and I am one of those people who don't drink so I can't comment on the brewery portion. If there is a wait, kill some time at the mall. One bad thing is they whine about accepting reservations, they should do that. but besides that thumbs up.

Love this place, will return, probably with my kids sometimes and other times just my spouse. This is the kind of place when friends or family come into town and say "where is a good place to eat that we can all go to" to eat at and it will be a home run.

• Visited April 2012
wisconsin
“Delicious Food and Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I took my sister and 12-year-old daughter here, because it was near the hotel I was staying at and my sister had heard it was good. We were not disappointed. My sister and I shared a beer sampler-only $3.75 for 8 and we recommend the Irish Red. We had a mix of the waffle fries and sweet potato fries as an appetizer and they were delicious with some dipping sauce that was tasty! I ordered the surf and turf which is a filet with teriyaki shrimp skewers which came with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. My sister had a sirloin, and my daughter fettucine alfredo and everything was delicious! The prices were amazing too-It was refreshing to have such a reasonably priced meal that was so good- and the atmosphere was relaxing and casual but upscale in feel. We had a terrific waiter and he was friendly and helpful. We had such a great time and will definitely go back!

Visited April 2012