“Cool decor - and friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

HotelRED
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 Monroe Street, Madison, WI 53711   |
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Madison
minneapolis, mn
“Cool decor - and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love this place - I haven't traveled much in my life - but this hotel seems to be everything a hotel should be! Really cool red/black/white decor, a "soaking tub" in the bedroom, and a very comfortable/soft bed! When you check in, you get some free chocolates and a cocktail! Bonus! And they offered a free shuttle service in the evening to take you where you wanted to go w/in a 3 mile radius. I will be back here, definitely!

Room Tip: The photos on their website are exactly what the rooms look like - which doesn't happen often wi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at HotelRed last weekend for a winter getaway and had a very positive experience. I will clarify that the University was not in session while we were there ... I'm guessing it would be a much different experience during school semesters. The location of the hotel is great and very accessible with covered parking (although you do have to walk outside a very short distance to get to the door for the elevator ... since it rained during our trip, it would be nicer if there were access from inside the garage). When we arrived in our room after a long day of traveling, the first plan was to take a bath in the soaking tub in our suite. Unfortunately, we determined our suite had no hot water. We called the front desk who immediately checked into the problem, and advised it could not be repaired that night, so they credited us for our full night's stay and moved us into another room (unfortunately the only one available was the accessible-room that had no tub). We loved the concrete floors and modern decor, but you'll want to bring slippers to keep your feet cushioned and warm (there was a note in the room that they had slippers at the front desk if you don't bring your own). We also enjoyed the larger walk-in shower with multiple water sprays. The beds and furniture were very comfortable and the wireless internet was free, strong and reliable. We truly appreciated the attentiveness and immediate response of the staff. We also loved the quick walk around the corner for amazing breakfasts at Mickie's Dairy Bar ... and just a few blocks down the street is Trader Joe's, Strictly Discs, Orange Tree Imports and several restaurant choices.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms would be very nice during better weather.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Your comments are very helpful. I’m sorry to hear that we had an issue with hot water during your stay. However, it sounds like the staff did the best they could to make the situation right. I very much appreciate hearing about the staff’s effort.

I love hearing that you were able to enjoy many of our wonderful neighbors. If you ever in town again I’d love to tell you about even more cool local spots.

Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you have a great weekend.

Cato, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our family celebrated a 1st birthday at the HotelRed Saturday, Jan 12, 2013. The hotel is stunning...our 2 bedroom/2bath suite was beautiful & very well equipped...the staff was professional and so helpful....location was ideal! Given all the choices in the Madison area, be sure to choose this hotel, you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We live in Madison and have come here for stay-cations several times. We also have family and friends stay here when coming into town. The best thing about the hotel is that is is super clean, very comfy, and has excellent customer service. In addition to this, it is very bright and modern, the beds are great, the bathrooms are cool, and the food and drinks are delicious. Whether you come for a Badger game or just for fun, stay here!

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is a great value if you have 4 or more guests!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much staying with us at HotelRED. We are very appreciative of your kind comments. I will make sure to pass them on to our staff.

If you ever need anything in a future stay please let me know. I hope you have a wonderful winter.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The rooms are spotless, beds are great, & service is wonderful. The temperature control is fast to heat up. It's nice to have the Aveda shower products. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Madison. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
COLUMBUS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The whole time we spent here was great. upon arrival out two pups got doggie treat bags and a warm welcome(scored points immediately;)

The band they have that plays here on Wed. are very talented! We were here for Nye and they were great. Also, the kitchen here is equally talented- all the appetizers and dishes were impeccable and presented very tastefully- pun intended.

The bartender knew his beers and was lovely to conversate with, my hubby enjoyed talking with him. The staff overall gets an a+ for everything.

The next morning the Bloody Mary was amazing as wa the head chef- a great cool and manager as well.

• Stayed January 2013
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in 301, a roomy two-BR suite with a spacious foyer and nice kitchen area. If it's traditional or old you prefer, then this isn't the place for you. But if you're like us and appreciate a smaller hotel with a unique decor, then this hotel may be for you. Lots of concrete (ceilings and floors), but lots of fabric, light and color, too. Free, convenient parking also. The beds were as soft as any I've encountered anywhere. With a bad lower back, I was concerned. Yet I slept well and the back was fine in the morning. One night we called down to the front desk because of noise on the floor above. The noise promptly subsidized and there was a $50 coupon underneath the door in the morning, good at the on-site bar and restaurant. Service, from the front desk to the bar/restaurant, was friendly and professional (except room service missed serving the room one day, although that wasn't a problem for us). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your helpful review. I appreciate hearing about your stay. I’m very sorry to hear about the error with your room service order. I will work with our Food and Beverage Department to iron out the issue. I’m also sorry about the noise; however it sounds like everything was calmed quickly.

It sounds like you may be coming back again. If you do please let me know if I can do anything to make your stay even better. I hope you have a wonderful new year. Thanks again for staying with us.

Jason Ilstrup

Been to HotelRED? Share your experiences!