“Thumbs Up !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Shawnee, KS
“Thumbs Up !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This La Quinta met our expectations. Before I book a room at any hotel, I first read the trip Advisor reviews to help out my search for a decent hotel/motel. I don't like outdated styles; I don't like worn carpet, I don't like hall noises, and I don't like cheap linens or towels. La Qunita always has a way of surprising me. For instance, I know in some La Quintas' they use laminate flooring, but our room at this La Quinta had carpet tiles whereby they were able to replace worn spots with new tiles instead of keeping a worn out carpet. I wish more places would do that. I also notice now that instead of a vending machine for late night snacks, they provide an assortment of sundries on shelves in an alcove next to the reservation desk where you can just pay at the window connecting the two. One small drawback is this La Quinta is located in a business park and not along a highway so that one must use a GPS system or mapquest on your smartphone to guide you to it.....but totally worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This LaQuinta is a great place to stay. Easy on and off the interstate and great location for staying a few days in Madison, WI. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and very helpful with locating certain places we wanted to visit. Highly recommend this LaQuinta for anyone.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel a great review. The rooms and facilities are really nice and the staff was professional, but there were a series of problems that made for an unsatisfactory stay.

Check in was fine. When I went up to the room, however, there was a used bandaid in front of the door to our room. Not a good start. Upon entering, the room seemed clean. I wanted a glass of water and checked the cupboard for a glass - there was a dunkin donuts bag in there with an old muffin in it. The bathroom counter was absolutley empty - which struck me as a little weird because usually they have a few things laid out there for you. The toilet plugged up immediately after my child used it. The drain in the shower was really slow. There were no kleenex in the room. When I looked out the window, there was a big spotlight pointing directly in it. I like to sleep with the curtains slightly apart so I can see the sun rise - this left the room fairly bright from the spotlight.

We were exhausted and needed to eat, so I didn't tell the staff about these problems until the morning. When I did tell the front desk person about our issues, she was very polite and professional...offering to fix the problems immediately.

Other than that, the stay was pretty uneventful. It seems to be a business hotel, so it was nice and quiet mostly.

Breakfast was OK - it was actually not as good as the Comfort Inn breakfast I had the night before -- so there seems to be some room for improvement here. They had the ubiquitious make-your-own waffle set up...There was a big steel container of cottage cheese on ice - looked kind of gross. I think presentation is important for the breakfast bar.

I might stay somewhere else next time I'm in Madison, due to the negative impression of this hotel. When you're travelling with family -- small problems like this can become a bigger deal.

Room Tip: The top of the hotel is illuminated with floodlights. Some of the rooms have a bright light shining...
Channahon, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Front desk staff was very nice and professional. We were given the wrong room type initially and the staff was very accommodating and quickly fixed the problem. Was glad to change as the first room was not all that clean. New room was clean and what we had reserved. Rooms are due for an upgrade in my opinion. Breakfast included- nothing special- no eggs or meat. All in all, this was fine for an overnighter- bed was comfortable and room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our second stay here. We enjoyed it last year and that is why we chose it again.
We had a two double suite with sofa sleeper. We love the set up with a door for the bedroom, kitchen area and roomy bathroom.
We only had four sets of towels for the five us and when my husband asked for more the next day the housekeeper would only give him four.
We love the pool. The temperature is not too cold and kids love that it isn't too deep.
Our biggest disappointment was our confusion on no hot breakfast. We thought last year there was. With three growing kids the hot breakfast is important to us.
Upon checking out, the front desk informed us that the hot breakfast was taken away by corporate to cut costs.
That is so unfortunate because I told the clerk we won't be staying there again unless there is hot breakfast.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotel was nice and we noticed on TripAdvisor complaints that it was hard to find without a GPS and that was an accurate statement. With GPS, no problem. The hotel was nice, breakfast was just OK...the basics. Only complaint, the hot tub was working when we checked in but was out of service when we went to use it. Would I use this location again, probably if everything is sold out again in the area. We took a chance with this location and if the situation occurred again, I would probably give them another try.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Was told the rooms had just been cleaned. Got into our roon, the fridge was disgusting with stuff poured all over the inside, the microwave was gross, the carpet had not been vacuumed ...I found random towels in the drawers, and orange peel on the floor...just gross. The beds were made but we're so lumpy that I am certain my 5 year could have done better. Definitely will not stay at again.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center? Share your experiences!