“Very Good for the price.” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5217 E. Terrace Drive, Madison, WI 53718   |
Ranked #10 of 63 hotels in Madison
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Very Good for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was convienaintly located near UW medical facilty. The hotel has maintained well. We were happy with the stay of one night. We would go back. It had a nice pool that we did not use. The beackfast was only avarage as they ran of some items we would have liked. Maybe they were not stocked up on a Monday??

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

always stay here when visiting family in wisconsin. the hotel is quiet, clean and always so comfortable. the breakfast is great and the beds are soooo comfy. i can't wait to go back,
judy
don't even hesitate to stay here, its the best

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I thought that this hotel was a great place to stay at a reasonable price. It's not a luxury hotel, the amenities are probably only 2-stars, but the friendly staff and well-maintained common areas really bump it up to 3-stars in my opinion. My room was a nice size, with a large bathroom. The microwave and refrigerator in the room were nice touches. The furnishings are not fancy, but the room was clean and didn't feel run-down or shabby like I've found many chain economy hotel rooms do. The breakfast was a small mainly cold buffet, with the standard cereals, toast-your-own bread, and waffle-maker. But there were a few more options than I've seen generally in this level of hotel - like fresh-tasting donuts and, one morning, hot scrambled eggs. It's a bit of a drive to the university or the downtown area of Madison, but that could balance out in easy parking and a good rate. Seems like a great place for families or business travelers. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
50onthego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

And would generally never even consider a "La Quinta." But the ratings were so high on Trip Advisor, we decided to give it a try.

This hotel was beautiful and classy looking in the lobby and hallways...nothing like you would expect from a mid-range hotel chain. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. The beds were some of the most comfortable ever...and I want to know where to buy those pillows! I often have neck and back pain from pillows (even my own), but not with these, and I knew it the minute I put my head down for the evening.

The breakfast in the morning was the best I've ever had for a continental, hotel chain style breakfast. Excellent fruit choices, hard boiled eggs, superb muffins and doughnut holes (haven't had them in years...fun!)...and the list goes on. It was probably the largest array of food choices I've ever seen. And better yet, you weren't congealed into a 10 x 10 space with all the other guests....it was large, spacious and easy to maneuver around. Loved that!

I absolutely could not believe we only paid $103.00 for that two bed suite. Value, value, value.

Okay, so the hair dryer was lame, and the heater was a bit noisy. But I'm over it. This is a great place. I am a frequent guest member at every hotel chain in this country, but never thought I would sign up for "La Quinta"....I did just that at check out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great job overall at this hotel. The front desk staff we met ALL were friendly and upbeat.
Hotel was very clean. The only complaint would be eggs and some breakfast items ran out when we went to breakfast, but I assume they were busy just before we got there. The bathroom had soap and shampoo, but no conditioner or hand lotion. Each room has a microwave and refrigerator, which we didn't use, but was a nice addition.
The biggest selling points for us were the friendly staff (we have encountered many other hotels with indifferent staff) and cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel is a stopping point between out travels from Indiana to Minnesota and we stay here 2-3 times a year...and we're never disappointed! We were traveling with our Beagle this trip, and we love that this is a pet friendly hotel. For the first time, we booked a two room king suite with a jetted tub. Oh my gosh, it was LOVELY!!!! We typically arrive between midnight and 1a, but this trip we were arriving early evening, so I thought I would splurge (only an extra $15 on a Thursday) since we would actually have time to "enjoy" the room. The two rooms were nice and roomy, especially since we had our pup with us. The jetted tub was an awesome way to wind down after a long, crazy drive! Two flat screen TV's, which had the NFL network. This was a huge thing for my husband since the Minnesota Vikings were playing!!!! The bed was comfy as usual, and the decor was the same as a regular king room, and the room was clean. The front desk staff is always remarkable. I will say, I have noticed that the breakfast has gone down hill in the past few years, but I don't stay at this property for their breakfast spread so it's not really a big deal to me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 week business trip which I stayed in many hotels throughout that time and I am happy to report the La Quinta Inn & Suites stands tall above the others. I especially enjoyed my visit at the afterhours Cocktail lounge talking with Steve who really represents the La Quinta Hotel chain exceptionally well. I would recommend to anyone business or pleasure, to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Madison Wisconsin, you will most certainly get more than your paying for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center? Share your experiences!