“Great weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 63 hotels in Madison
Glenview
“Great weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We needed a dog friendly hotel to stay at for the weekend and because our big old golden retriever means everything to us it had to be a great dog friendly hotel. This fit the bill perfectly. The manager and his staff were top notch and understanding how important pets are. They were very accomidating with the location of our room and provided a very safe place for our pet when we had to leave him to go out. Over all a great experience.

Room Tip: Always let your needs to be known so that they can accommodate them as much as possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Madison - West. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It can be difficult to find a truly, pet friendly hotel. I can honestly say that our team loves our four legged guest and will take any opportunity to make their stay as enjoyable as it is for their owners. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

as a traveling project manager i am on the road at least 200 days per year. i've found extended stay to be a great find. this one has probably the best, most attentive staff i have found. from Tyler(the manager) to Brianna/Laura/Christina they are all excellent at customer service and willing to accommodate you in any way they can. the rooms are large, VERY CLEAN, common areas are well lit, very clean and accommodating. very quiet at night, and very well run. they have one of the nicest laundry/vending rooms, always clean and well stocked. from the continental breakfast to the staff service to housekeeping you will not find a better accommodation for the price anywhere in Madison. as a business traveler i appreciate the work staion in my room with ample receptacles for charging, laptop, printer, fax, and free wifi.i would reccomend this location to anyone. single traveler, family, business, or out of town workers. they keep this place modern so you will never be on that lumpy 1980s mattress, old worn out carpet, and 15 year old linoleum. my room has new carpet, nice wood floor for kitchen/bath and is well lit and maintained. you owe it to yourself to try this place first if you are traveling to madison!!

Room Tip: i always prefer ground floor, but there are no bad rooms here. i prefer to be on north side as its a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at the hotel. It gives our team a sense of great joy to know that we are making your stay in Madison comfortable and enjoyable.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Comfortable and affordable, with a helpful, friendly and attentive staff. I was there for 12 weeks. The facility was clean and very conveniently located for amenities. The manager was excellent! If I hire people who I relocate to the area, and they need a place to stay, I'd recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks for your glowing review. We appreciate that you will recommend us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Viroqua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I discovered this hotel chain many years ago, when I had severe multiple chemical sensitivity. At that time, I had to ask before making any reservation: How old is your hotel? Have you remodeled recently? How old is the carpeting? Have you cleaned it lately? Do the windows open so that one can get fresh air? Can you please not use any "air fresheners" in my room the day that I arrive?

All this was to avoid cleaning chemicals and outgassing of new materials.

I discovered, by accident, that I could tolerate this hotel better than any other, and then I discovered that the entire chain was tolerable. And, by the way, "tolerable" is extremely high praise because, back then, at times, I had to stay in my car because all the hotels had newish industrial carpeting full of formaldehyde and used toxic air "fresheners".

Thank goodness, I improved remarkably from those days, but I still love the hotel, even if I have many choices these days.

Last night, I found out that the nontoxic environment is not an accident. They do this on purpose.

The other thing I would mention is that the staff are really quite wonderful-very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: My room (121), is right near the front desk and the door, but it was not noisy at all. So, perfect f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. I am so happy we were able to make your stay comfortable. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This place is amazing. Paulette and her staff are the best. They make you feel at home and help with what ever you need. Their Monday night socials are the best, they even leave treats for you during the holidays. They take time out of their day to make sure things are going great. When you do have family come and see you Paulette goes out of her way to make it feel like a very special vist.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Best Place Ever is a way we love to be described! Thank you so much for the great comments we really appreciate it.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The staff is great- attentive and friendly. I've been staying there as a quiet and short-term alternative to student housing. It works great for me; it's right by a bus line that goes into campus, and the mini kitchenette is helpful to have! Spacious and clean; A/C for the summer and heat for the winter; newly updated bedding, carpet, and TVs. Housekeeping is thorough. I stayed there for the fall of 2011, and I came back again for the fall of 2012. I would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less room to room noise. Corner rooms have two windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about the hotel! While we do specialize in long term stays, we very much welcome shorter stays for those who want a clean, home away from home experience. Our full service kitchens and tight knit staff strive to provide that in every guest's stay and it sounds like we were successful with you. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was ideally located near lots of restaurants and the mall, which was great as I was visiting friends in town. I checked in pretty late at night and was surprised how cheerful and helpful the desk attendant was at that hour - it was great after driving all evening to see such a friendly face.

The room was clean and spacious and had a great kitchenette. The bed was comfortable and my room was quiet - two things which are very important to me when I'm trying to get sleep after a long drive!

The manager, Tyler, was extremely pleasant and really knew the area. He was kind and sincerely wanted to do anything he could to make my stay great. Next time I'm in town, I will definitely be stopping by this hotel. The quality and caliber of service alone were enough to make me want to come back again - the room and the ease of check-in/check-out were simply a bonus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments about the hotel and staff at the Madison Extended Stay America. Our team takes great pleasure in making your stay a home away from home, and it appears that we were successful! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Madison.

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court? Share your experiences!