“A great place for people with sensitivity to chemicals; Great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #21 of 62 hotels in Madison
Viroqua
“A great place for people with sensitivity to chemicals; Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I discovered this hotel chain many years ago, when I had severe multiple chemical sensitivity. At that time, I had to ask before making any reservation: How old is your hotel? Have you remodeled recently? How old is the carpeting? Have you cleaned it lately? Do the windows open so that one can get fresh air? Can you please not use any "air fresheners" in my room the day that I arrive?

All this was to avoid cleaning chemicals and outgassing of new materials.

I discovered, by accident, that I could tolerate this hotel better than any other, and then I discovered that the entire chain was tolerable. And, by the way, "tolerable" is extremely high praise because, back then, at times, I had to stay in my car because all the hotels had newish industrial carpeting full of formaldehyde and used toxic air "fresheners".

Thank goodness, I improved remarkably from those days, but I still love the hotel, even if I have many choices these days.

Last night, I found out that the nontoxic environment is not an accident. They do this on purpose.

The other thing I would mention is that the staff are really quite wonderful-very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: My room (121), is right near the front desk and the door, but it was not noisy at all. So, perfect f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. I am so happy we were able to make your stay comfortable. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This place is amazing. Paulette and her staff are the best. They make you feel at home and help with what ever you need. Their Monday night socials are the best, they even leave treats for you during the holidays. They take time out of their day to make sure things are going great. When you do have family come and see you Paulette goes out of her way to make it feel like a very special vist.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Best Place Ever is a way we love to be described! Thank you so much for the great comments we really appreciate it.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The staff is great- attentive and friendly. I've been staying there as a quiet and short-term alternative to student housing. It works great for me; it's right by a bus line that goes into campus, and the mini kitchenette is helpful to have! Spacious and clean; A/C for the summer and heat for the winter; newly updated bedding, carpet, and TVs. Housekeeping is thorough. I stayed there for the fall of 2011, and I came back again for the fall of 2012. I would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less room to room noise. Corner rooms have two windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about the hotel! While we do specialize in long term stays, we very much welcome shorter stays for those who want a clean, home away from home experience. Our full service kitchens and tight knit staff strive to provide that in every guest's stay and it sounds like we were successful with you. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was ideally located near lots of restaurants and the mall, which was great as I was visiting friends in town. I checked in pretty late at night and was surprised how cheerful and helpful the desk attendant was at that hour - it was great after driving all evening to see such a friendly face.

The room was clean and spacious and had a great kitchenette. The bed was comfortable and my room was quiet - two things which are very important to me when I'm trying to get sleep after a long drive!

The manager, Tyler, was extremely pleasant and really knew the area. He was kind and sincerely wanted to do anything he could to make my stay great. Next time I'm in town, I will definitely be stopping by this hotel. The quality and caliber of service alone were enough to make me want to come back again - the room and the ease of check-in/check-out were simply a bonus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments about the hotel and staff at the Madison Extended Stay America. Our team takes great pleasure in making your stay a home away from home, and it appears that we were successful! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Madison.
Ashland, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Working in the Madison area with a crew. We have been here for many weeks. Tyler and his wonderful, friendly, helpful staff have been more then you could ever expect to be around. The kitchen-etts are clean and well stocked. what a great home away from home its been. We will be back and will send others to stay here. The rates are very good. Thank You Tyler and Staff

Room Tip: love a corner room with 2 windows Maybe should have ask about the pool and fitness center. : )
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the great review on the hotel and staff at the Madison ESA. We strive to make you feel comfortable during your travels, and it looks like we succeeded. We appreicate you taking the time to let us know!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Been here for over a year and my stay has been great. From all the new remodeling to Taylor and his staff my stay has been comfortable and as relaxing as one could be when away from home. I have and will continue to recommand Extended Stay America-Madison-West.

Room Tip: rooms on the thrid floor are quieter. Great place to stay if you travel with a pet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Madison Extended Stay America. This is what we do, and we appreciate you letting us know that you are happy with your extended time at our hotel. The staff was so thrilled to see we exceeded your expectations.
Wagoner, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was in Madison for business when the Ironman race was also in town. The hotel manager was able to get me a room at a great rate when every other hotel in town has raised their rates. The hotel staff were friendly and went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Madison - West. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court? Share your experiences!