This was my third visit to the Hilton in Madison. The other two stays were pleasant, and I would have rated it a 4-5. This past visit was not so great.
The good: Great location, friendly staff, and nice views of the lake if you have a room pointing that direction.
The bad: This last visit I was given room 316. The amount of noise coming from the water pipes was ridiculous. I don't think I've ever been awakened by the sound of water pipes before. A new experience that I don't wish to repeat.
I'm guessing some rooms are good and have no such noise (my prior two stays I did not experience it) and some rooms aren't so good.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you which rooms do and do not have loud pipes. As I don't like to leave my quality of sleep up to chance, I'm probably going to stay somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the beauty of the newly renovated Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. Conveniently located in downtown Madison along the UW Campus, this elegant property is connected by skywalk to the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Choose from a variety of guestrooms and suites with views of the State Capitol or beautiful Lake Monona. Recent upgrades provide an upscale, urban and residential feel to the rooms and public spaces. Check out the new carpeting, in-room safes, mahogany furnishings and multi-charging stations for in-room connectivity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Hilton Madison Monona Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Hilton Hotel Madison
- Hilton Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Madison Hilton