“Perfect location, comfortable property” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Platteville, Wisconsin
“Perfect location, comfortable property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel in the perfect location in Madison. The rooms are very comfortable, with excellent views of either the Capitol or the lake. Service was very good, and the food and beverage were also very good.

• Stayed March 2014
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel! In addition to our high service levels we offer the added benefit of a wonderful location in downtown Madison. I hope you continue to stay with us when you visit Madison!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Milwaukee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had a great view of one of the ice covered Madison lakes. The room was not set up as your typical modern unit; it had some style and panache. Price was higher than average locally this time of year, but moderate by most standards.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad you enjoyed the view from one of our lake view rooms! I must say, as much I enjoy the ice covered lake I am very much looking forward to the warmer weather. I hope you have a chance to come back to enjoy the view during the non-winter months!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Front desk staff was very gracious and I loved checking in next to a bowl of dog treats for canine guests. The place was classy and yet allowed dogs ( only classy dogs I'm sure). I liked the feature of needing to use your room key to operate the elevator between 11 pm and 5:30 am. Had a wonderful view of the state capitol building - especially at night. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Our Front Desk staff does an excellent job, I am glad that they were able to leave you with a positive impression. We are very proud of being a pet friendly hotel, we very much enjoy meeting our guests pets. I am pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again, I am certain you will enjoy your next visit as much as you enjoyed your previous visit.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We've stayed at the Hilton several times in the past. This time, we visited as a couple with 2 small children for a weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday.

They went out of their way to make the weekend exceptional.

I had emailed my requests ahead of time to the hotel and they were gracious enough to honor them. We stayed in a 1 king bed "deluxe" room, which overlooked the lake (beautiful) and had a semi-private seating area that converted into a pull out couch.

The staff had a welcome and happy birthday card waiting for us in the room, along with a plate of fresh, very good fruit.

The staff were ALWAYS courteous, very professional, and what I have come to expect at this hotel and a Hilton in general. Bedding is hilton issued fare, and always good as well.

I always use the valet parking. For $3 more than do-it-yourself parking, it's worth it.

The location is exceptional, with shuttle service to surrounding area if you want it. Or close enough to walk on a decent night, with PLENTY of high-quality restaurants around, including the Chop House attached to the hotel.

The bar makes stiff drinks.

The pool area is small but clean. Fitness area is good with free weights.

What makes this hotel exceptional is the service and friendliness. You do not get this type of service from other hotels.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with the view are the best. Otherwise, get a high floor lake view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am very happy to hear that our staff helped in creating an exceptional weekend for you and your family. Our staff takes a lot of pride in what they do, I look forward to sharing your review with the team!
Lebanon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Hilton Monona Terrace is at a great location, right on the lake and close to Madison's State Street, the location for many great local venues and entertainment options. Room was well furnished, quiet, with a comfortable bed!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you get to stay with us on your next trip to Madison!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here for two days to attend a conference.The hotel is exactly what you would want for a business trip - large room, great WI-fi, comfortable bed, etc. The location is fantastic as well, several restaurants withing walking distance - and great views of the lake and the capitol building.

I also appreciated that the fitness center was top-notch; with 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and one other machine ( a cycle - I think).

This is a busy hotel - and I am glad my room was away from the elevator.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Pros - Solid Bemis toilets & nice HDMI hook up for my computer to play on the TV.
Cons- Rude staff, dated fixtures, paint peeling off walls, extremely noisy pipes and very thin walls.

I won't be coming back nor staying in a Hilton again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Madison Monona Terrace? Share your experiences!