“good hotel, less desirable food” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Murfreesboro, United States
“good hotel, less desirable food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The location is unbeatable and hotel room is very clean. Being pet friendly is also great. Parking lacks space for our trailer so we had to park in another hotel parking lot that's connected to Hilton. It was a pain for our family to get stuff from the car back and forth, considering having a toddler and two cats. It's nice to be able to dine in at the hotel restaurant but menu is too limited -- almost all meat and dairy -- typical dull, unhealthy food. But it's Wisconsin, anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Zhen,

Thank you for the time you took to write the review! Parking definitely can be difficult downtown for bigger vehicles or tow behinds, I'm glad we were able to provide you an option that worked, but I'm sorry it wasn't very convenient.

We are continually developing and changing our menus. I appreciate the feedback and may reach out to you for additional ideas of what you would like to see. It's our only goal to give our guests a great experience in our Food and Beverage outlets and a big part of that is providing you appealling options!

Thank you again for the review!

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

stayed here one night for business, view from room was very nice. check-in took longer than expected, door did not close properly in bathroom due to warping, and incidental charge (rather large) on bill for several days, never had that before.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! I had my Director of Operations looking into the incidental charge to figure out what happened. I can assure you that if the issue is on our end we will fix it immediately and contact you! My apologies!!

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Monona Terrace in Madison in mid-June for a wedding. The location is great and the hotel is very nice as Madison hotels go. The staff was very good and we really did not have any problems. Parking is very convenient. Check-in and out was a breeze. The room was well-appointed with a nice view of the lake beyond the convention center and everything worked. The bed was comfortable. The shower could maybe have used some updating, but worked well. I did think it was a bit expensive for this area, but, overall, I thought it was a very nice, albeit unremarkable, property.

Room Tip: The upper level rooms have better views of the lake.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Appreciate the review! I'm glad that everything you encountered was to your satisfaction. We are in the process of regrouting and caulking all of the tubs. And I hope next time we can make your stay remarkable through our service! :)

Thanks again,

Neenah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was very pleased with the registration process. We were in our room immediately and it was clean and ready for occupancy. We went to the bar and were served immediately with our choices. The drinks and food was very good. The staff was knowledgeable of their asssignments.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Michael,

Thanks for the comments. It's sounds like you received efficient service and that is definitely part of the goal! We know that all of our guests came here to Madison for a reason and we want to make our part as easy and helpful for you as we can!

We look forward to the opportunity to do it again on your next visit!

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

All staff members friendly and helpful. The Chop House is great for lunch and dinner. The Chop Salad is one of the best salads I have ever had, is available in both restaurants. Olives Restaurant is average, a little pricey for breakfast. AC unit in our room was very noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Ivy,

Thank you for the nice comment about the staff! And I agree with you about the Chop salad, I recently had some of my own family here and they said the same thing! As far as the loud AC units I am aware that we still have some units that are in need of replacement and those replacements are on the way! Thank you again for the review and I look forward to seeing you next time!

Best wishes,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I actually stayed here a year ago for three months. I didn't think it could get better. I arrived and Nick met me for the valet he was great. I had brought my dog Bluto again and Mark immediatley brought him water after our long ride and was there for rides to get things that I forgot. From curb side to the room this staff is hands down the best. My favorite stop is the Olive Lounge. You have to go when Kimberly, Logan and Sherrilee are working because they are very nice and will go out of your way to make you feel like its a neighborhood hang out. They would bring my dog carrots everytime we got off of the elevator. The most impressive thing is that the manager Dave made me feel as in important guest. I found out that the hotel had 12 weddings when I stayed there and still felt like a VIP. The rooms and lake view are great. Thank you all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Matt,

I can't thank you enough for the impact you had on my team as well! I spoke to several people when I read this review and they all enjoyed their interactions with you as well. Thank you for naming so many people specifically. It is a great group of people here and it is absolutely our honor to have you AND Bluto here!

Best wishes,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Last time I was in Madison I stayed at the Doubletree (closer to the University) and loved that spot. However, I decided to mix it up and stay at the Hilton the next time I was in town for work. I usually arrive early evening and have time for a quick run and dinner. Both locations give tons of options for that. However, if I had to choose, I'd pick the Hilton location over the Doubletree (although I enjoyed both and they are pretty close together). The Hilton upgraded my room to a high floor corner and the view was amazing - tons of windows with a capital view from one side and the lake view from the other. Also, walking over to Monona Terrace was nice as well. I had never been there, but it was a fun atmosphere with lots of folks out enjoying the evening and enjoying the sunset. I'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I'd ask for a corner room if possible! Tons of windows and beautiful views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Agreed on the views, it is tough to get a bad view with the downtown and the Capitol on one side and Lake Monona on the other! During the summer the Monona Terrace patio is a great place to hang out. They often have live music there as well! Hope you join us next time you come back!!

Jason

Been to Hilton Madison Monona Terrace? Share your experiences!