“Excellent choice” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
smalltown
“Excellent choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel was incredibly clean. The lobby was welcoming and easy to navigate. Our room looked out onto the Capitol building and the view was stunning. We had plenty of space inside the room. The bathroom was spacious. Free bottled water, available fridge, and a coffee maker was included with the room. The hotel was quiet even though there was a big wedding there. Parking was tough. Tight spaces.

Room Tip: Add breakfasts to your room, great food.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for the nice review!

And thank you for starting out mentioning the cleanliness! The housekeeping staff takes great pride in that and I love sharing the comments with them! I am working to make our parking garage a little easier to navigate, but I agree, I wish I could make the lot a little roomier too! :)

Hope you can come back and see us soon!

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The title says it all. The staff was exceptional.The location is gteat and the room was very clean and comfortable.When in Madison this is thr place to stay.Two blocks frm the Capitol and walking distance to the University.

• Stayed May 2013
I appreciate the comment a lot! We will always try to improve, but it makes me happy that we are giving you the service you expect now. Thank you for the review!!

White Lake, MI, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton in Madison for a weekend with my family, and paid north of two hundred dollars per night. This was not a $200/night hotel experience. The view of the Capitol building was excellent, but beyond that the room was terrible. It was old, the decor was bad, and it lacked the fresh feeling you expect when you are paying for a premium hotel. It had the feel of the cheap chain hotel where you pay less than $100/night. Even worse, there was some sort of knocking noise in the pipes or walls that kept us up all night. The breakfast buffet was overpriced and underwhelming, and the staff was disinterested, if not discourteous. This will be my last stay in a Hilton branded hotel. It is clear from this experience that the company has no interest is caring for the brand as a premium hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Michael,

I'm very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I can assure you that we are diligent in attempting to make everyones stay perfect and it looks like we didn't come close to doing that on your visit. We did renovate every guest room last year. In the hospitality industry the worst perception we could give is seeming disinterested or discourteous. My sincerest apologies for giving you that impression. I can assure you that the service you received is the exception not the rule and I would be honored if you were ever in Madison again to give us a second chance. I have every confidence that we would be able to win you over!

Thank you for the feedback, we will use it as a training opportunity.

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

While I've stayed a several hotels in the downtown area of Madison, I continue to favor the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. For example, on my recent visit they were kind enough to upgrade me to the executive floor and changed my room selection to give me a larger room. The staff, from wait staff, to housekeeping, valet, and desk personnel were always especially welcoming and helpful. Another treat is the adjacent Madison Chophouse and Mary the bartender,,,always great food and drink, and engaging conversation.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms on the higher floors are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review!!

We take alot of pride in our service and I really appreciate the kind words. In particular for mentioning Mary in the Chophouse! She is fantastic and has a really big local following too. I will be sure to share your review with her! :)

Take care,

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is what I expect from a Hilton property. From the moment that the hotel van picked me up at the airport until I left several days later, the staff were nothing short of terrific. Always friendly and willing to help. My room was extremely clean and very comfortable.

I took the opportunity to request a room on a higher floor if one came available when I booked. As luck would have it, a room ended up being available and I was upgraded for a small fee. At first I thought I might have made a mistake as the new room was directly at the elevators and I was certain that the noise would drive me crazy.

I am happy to say that while I could only just hear the elevator chime if I listened very carefully, the sounds from the elevator were otherwise virtually imperceptible. I ended up with a view of the Capitol Building which was quite nice, but I think I may opt for a lake view next time I visit.

I ordered the room service one of the nights I stayed in Madison and I was not disappointed. The burger I ordered arrived hot, my drink arrived cold. My only gripe was that I had ordered a whisky as well as a coke. I was delivered a whiskey-coke. Even that complaint is minor as it was clear that I had received a sufficient pour.

In addition to the accommodations, I had the opportunity to enjoy the terrific convention space that is available. The space we had was bright, fresh looking, and enjoyed a terrific lake view from the lobby outside our space. The convention space is very accessible from the hotel.

Room Tip: Pick the view that suits you and enjoy!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Great review, thank you for taking the time to do it!

I'm really happy that we were living up to your standards of service, it is something we take great pride in! And I hope you enjoyed Madison as well and will be able to come back and stay with us again in the future. The lake view during the summer is spectacular!

Take care,

New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Lost 3 nights of sleep over a 4 night business trip stay due to extremely poor HVAC in room. Hotel mechanics called but did not fix problem and hotel did not re-assign room. Location of hotel great, but could not afford sleepless nights when on business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Betty,

I appreciate your review. I am sympathetic to the situation and I want to start by apologizing for your far less than positive experience with us. I know you have since spoken with my Front Office Manager, but I want you to know that I have gotten personally involved with this situation. Not only did the in room equipment fail, but it appears our process for problem resolution also failed and for that I apologize. I have reviewed with the team you particular situation and how we can ensure that we are much more proactive in the future.

I do hope you are willing to give us another chance. I assure you that what you experienced is the exception rather than the rule and I would love the opportunity to impress you on your next stay.

Best wishes,

Racine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The location of this hotel was one of the reasons which influenced our decision to stay here. The "Farmer's Market Special" deal clinched the reservation! We planned on staying only one night and going to this event the next morning so this was the perfect offer and a great deal! This is available through summer. We recommend this hotel with it's most accommodating and friendly staff. Our room was very adequate which we upgraded for a few dollars more to a beautiful "terrace and lake view"! The noise level on the air conditioner however needs attention.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the nice review. I am a big fan of the Farmers Market as well and with it less than half a block away, you can't beat the location! I hope you are able to make it back again before the end of summer!

Best wishes,

Jason

Been to Hilton Madison Monona Terrace? Share your experiences!