Stayed at the Hilton Monona Terrace in Madison this past Saturday Feb 9th, 2013. In town for a badger basketball game. We were given a room over looking Lake Monona. Accomodations were nice, beds were comfortable. At check in we were able to catch a free shuttle to the game, driver was very nice. These were the positives... In the early morning hours like 2:30 we were awoken to a fire alarm and had to evacuate through the stairwell. Well thank god it wasnt a real fire beacuse 20 minutes later we were still in the stairwell. It was congested mess, every floor obviously was trying to get down the stairs and at the bottom poeple did not want to exit the building to go out in the cold. Hotel personnel should have been in the area to guide people away from the building, this was not the case. When we finally got back to our room and try to settle in, the little speaker where the fire alarm sounded kept making loud static noises and sounded like when a radio station has static. This went on for another hour, twice i called the front desk to ask them to turn it off and I could not get anyone to answer. Frustrated we went back to bed but I had to listen to that as it was located right above the bed I was sleeping in. We just get settled back down and the alarm goes off again, I coudn't believe what I was hearing. We jump up grab clothes and then it stopped again. Ths static continued though.
This was not a restful night at all, we were so tired the next day and had a 3 1/2 hr drive home in bad weather after that.
In the morning we went down and had breakfast in the hotel before we left. You would think they would have comped the breakfast for those of us that stayed there and endured the false fire alarm mess but they did not. When I checked out I told the girl, I think Krystal was her name about our experience and she was sympathetic. She did remove the $13 parking charge but I really dont think that this is fair compensation for what we put up with. I am disappointed with the hotel for how this was all handled and wished that they at least offered a free return for one night. I am a hilton honors member will continue to utulize their hotels but I wish this situation was handled better.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Madison
- Hilton Madison
- Hilton Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Madison Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the beauty of the newly renovated Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. Conveniently located in downtown Madison along the UW Campus, this elegant property is connected by skywalk to the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Choose from a variety of guestrooms and suites with views of the State Capitol or beautiful Lake Monona. Recent upgrades provide an upscale, urban and residential feel to the rooms and public spaces. Check out the new carpeting, in-room safes, mahogany furnishings and multi-charging stations for in-room connectivity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Madison Monona Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.