“Awesome location but rates sometimes get pricey.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Madison, Wisconsin
“Awesome location but rates sometimes get pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

One of the cooler looking Hilton's you'll find. Blends well into neighborhood, super convenient for everything downtown and a little off the Madison party path so good for families compared to something closer to campus bars. Super clean, nice and close to a bunch of good restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Highland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was there when outside temp hit zero degrees -- yikes. Fortunately, this is a cozy Hilton -- a quite nice bar / breakfast area, big fireplace, windows letting in the sunshine. Room was typical Hilton and nice. had great view of Capitol Dome.

Le Roy, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great location, close to food, walgreens, the capitol, state street, etc. Staff were wonderful! I stayed here on business for 2 weeks in December and a week in October. The hotel is hard to get booked at the rate I'm authorized for, and could be slightly out of some traveler's price range.

My car battery was dead, and a wonderful staff member let me borrow his jumper cables! The breakfast staff downstairs is superb! A very nice gentleman working the Starbucks counter in the morning was always smiling and attentive. A wonderful woman, (Julia was her name, i think) always available to answer Billing questions and ensure my stays were prefect. overall, amazing staff!

Views from the hotel are great!

Can't wait to come back! Thinking about making a stay for leisure!

• Stayed December 2012
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I found rotted stinky food in our fridge from the guest before us or even before them. The towels and washcloths were not clean. One of the towels that was folded and ready to use on the towel bar had lipstick and even the looks of fesses on it. The washcloth had either black make up or grease and yellow stain on it. The room needed a good vacuuming. The room service dishes were left in the hall from the guest the previous night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Let me first start by giving you my most sincere apologies regarding the housekeeping issues you encountered. I'm embarrassed by the numerous issues and want you to know that I have personally followed up and addressed each item.

It is extremely rare for us to have an housekeeping issue this severe and I want you to know that we take the feedback extraordinarily seriously. Thank you for taking the time to let us know as we will use it as an opportunity to improve our processes and our training.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Best wishes,

Jason
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If we go to Madison we will definitely stay here again! We picked this one because the restaurant inside has great reviews. We were disappointed that upon arrival, we were informed the restaurant was closed for the evening because there was a private party/conference, but they were able to provide room service from the restaurant. It was so far from disappointing! The filet Mignon was phenomenal! The price was high, but it was worth the value with excellent portion sizes. I can't wait to go back and visit the restaurant. The rooms are really nice, new, and clean. The hotel lobby smelled really good upon entry and had a modern sophisticated feel.
We opted to have a few drinks away from the bar so we could play a little pool so we had the front desk call a cab to bring us to a bar/billiards nearby. As we were waiting, a gentleman named Dan who worked at the hotel offered to drive us after we waited about 20 minutes for the cab and it still didn't show. We took him up on the offer since the shuttle service was unavailable and like the rest of the staff, he was very pleasant. The lobby area is large and very nice with a living room setting near the fireplace. Would recommend this hotel and restaurant to everyone if you're looking for a very comfortable and clean place with excellent staff and a convenient location close to everything!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Hilton Madison Monona Terrace is not a five-star property. But I'm giving it a five-circle rating because, for $149, it delivers more than most properties. I've been returning to this hotel (except for a few stays at the Hotel Red to give it a spin) for a decade now, and the management at this hotel is solid, the service and product consistent. I look forward to my visits.

CONS
- HMMT is not glamorous, not particularly luxurious. But it's cozy and comfortable

PROS
- Best location in town, within easy walking distance of the capitol, nice restaurants and State Street
- A view of the lake from some rooms, the capitol from others
- Easy. Easy access, easy parking. Extending my check-out time to 2:00 was not a problem
- Hilton Hhonors points
- Decent gym with Precor exercise machines. I appreciate that the bike has a reclined seat so I work out my legs, not my lower back
- Cute bar and restaurant, but it's better to get out and explore Madison
- Very comfortable beds

Hotel Red is fun and contemporary: I'm glad I tried it, and I recommend it for a change of pace, or coming to Madison for a college game. But the HMMT will continue to be my go-to property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Great write up, thank you! I agree that our location is a great place to stay (and work!) in Madison. I wanted to thank you for the comments on the fitness center and let you know that I am working on an equipment "refresh" this spring to further enhance the value of the area! See you on your next visit!
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful stay.
We wanted to let you know that Krystal who working at front desk this morning was super helpful. We found our car battery dead this morning and she let us borrow her jumper cables so a friend could come start our car. Above and beyond customer service! We just wanted to make sure you know we appreciated her help.
Thanks, and we will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the review and mention of Krystal! We will definitely celebrate her committment to great guest service! We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Hilton Madison Monona Terrace? Share your experiences!