“Very good hotel room - $$ extras, not so good.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Canada
“Very good hotel room - $$ extras, not so good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Was at the hotel for a conference in the adjoining conference centre. The hotel room itself was very good, with excellent soft linens on the bed, and decent-sized floor space and bathroom. I didn't use the pool or eat any meals there, so I can't comment on the amenities. The $10 internet, and $13 for parking, was kind of annoying considering the price for the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a corner room with a lovely view of the capital and the lake. We were particularly happy with the location, which was such easy walking distance to everything. However, we found the price overall to be rather high for a hotel which was just standard, and we were particularly unhappy that wifi wasn't free. The view, as previously mentioned, was outstanding, but the room was smaller than expected and underwhelming in general. The customer service was also okay, but not fabulous. In future if we need to stay in downton Madison we'll choose otherwise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MEXICO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved the location, we where there for an Expo held at the Alliant Energy Center barely 10 minutes by car to the hotel that its located downtown Madison by Lake Monona, (we got a wonderful view of the Lake from our room) and short walk to the Capitol Building (we enjoyed walking to the Saturdays Farmer´s Market). The hotel was fully booked by Saturday but we never got the sense of overcrowding and we always got a table for the buffet breakfast (witch wee liked).

We barely got in touch with the hotel staff, everything went perfect. The just help us book dinner at The Blue Marlin, by the capitol building.

If I must say the only thing that I was bother at first was the expensive rate we got, but considering that it was fully booked, sometimes if you want the place you must pay. Definetly I would go back but as always I´ll be looking for a better deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Monona Lake,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I highly recommend the Hilton. I have stayed here 5-6 times, and each time the experience is
a bit better. The rooms are attractive: I have been is some of their deluxe, which were recently
updated and are very comfortable, and have stayed last time at their presidential which is a solid
suite, whose master bath belongs in a specialty suite of the 4 diamond hotel (and there are no 4
diamond hotels in madison). Their breakfast at the club is improved and includes a good variety.
Service for my last stay was tops, and I would mention David and Ceera in this regard.

To put things in proportion, the other option for HH members in downtown madison is the doubletree.
The comparison is day and night: the Hilton is way better. Not to mention the magnificent view of lake
monona or the capitol (from the doubletree you can see either a parking lot, or the garbage area).

Finally, the whirlpool at the room is one of the finest I have experienced in any hotel. My mind had
to travel back to the turret suite at the Intercontinental in Melbourne in order to recall a better one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. Something has changed. I don't know what it is, but the place doesn't have the same level of customer service that it used to have. The parking lot was full, the valet was rude, there was a squad car in front when I arrived and the desk staff was distracted. I stayed here before and it was exceptional from door to door. It is still a very nice hotel with great views and beautiful decor, but the general attitude of the staff has changed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DavidBuss, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us, and I have addressed these issues with our staff as this is not our typical Hilton service. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments. Sincerely, David Buss, Assistant Front Office Manager
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Everything about our experience at the Hilton Monona Terrace Hotel was exceptional. My family was in town so that my son could tour the University of Wisconsin campus. Our window overlooked the capitol dome, and the beds were very comfortable. We ate one night in the hotel's Chophouse restaurant, and were very pleased with both the food and the service (I have reviewed this experience separately, to give it its due). The hotel was comfortable and conveniently located. We used the shuttle van on two occasions and were very pleased with how prompt and efficient it was. Most of all, our experience at the Monona Terrace was punctuated by consistent pleasant and helpful contacts by the hotel employees. They were friendly, efficient, and really made my family feel welcomed. We could tell from our interaction with the hotel personnel and the wait staff in the Chophouse that a philosophy of geniality and service permeated this hotel, from the top down. Not only would I stay there again, I would recommend the Hilton Monona Terrace, and the Capitol Chophouse to anyone, without any second thoughts.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room that overlooks the capitol dome. The view is outstanding.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled you had such an exceptional experience. This is the type of service we are constantly striving for here. Thank you as well for your rave review of the ChopHouse. We are so fortunate to have such a phenomenal restaurant on property. We look forward to your next stay with us! Sincerely, David Buss, Assistant Front Office Manager
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very nice hotel. We were in town for a wedding and stayed for 2 nights. The room was very clean and nicely deocrated. The hotel hosted a few wedding "events" and the food was delicous. Great location- walking distance to many restaurants and the water.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Madison Monona Terrace? Share your experiences!