“Very Nice room, terrible parking” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Virginia
“Very Nice room, terrible parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The room was fantastic. Just like many other Residence Inn's, it was very spacious and clean. As a Marriot Rewards member you get a personal note in the room. It does not add anything to your room, but it certainly gives you a comfortable feeling. Grounds are very nice, typical Residence Inn facilities. We used the pool, the spa was very nice. Lots of kids here, but it is summer time, so it should be expected. The self serve laundry did a good job with our clothes. There is no overhang at front hotel, so with a sprinkle coming down you are in the elements when you unload your vehicle. Parking-horrible, definately a negative. There is very limited parking near the entrance to hotel so you have to walk some to get in/out of hotel. Getting to the hotel was a challenge, the address in GPS takes you a little a stray and it is not easy to see the hotel. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Almaty, Kazakhstan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was initially leery of the place since from the outside it appears aged and kind of dingy, but I was pleasantly surprised by the room inside, which was spacious and clean. Things went downhill from there. My biggest complaint is about the food--the staff was either overworked or not paying attention, since more often than not the steam tables were full of empty pans. The dinner entrees--for example, freshly grilled hamburgers--would sometimes be gone literally ten minutes after the start of the dinner hour, and sometimes would not be refilled at all. It may sound petty to complain about free meals, but I pay the Marriott rates because those "free" meals are supposed to be included. Housekeeping did a fair job when they showed up to my room, although they would not clean the room if I dared to leave the Do Not Disturb sign up until 12 PM. I will say that everybody I spoke to was very nice, including the receptionist who I called to cancel the remainder of my stay there. I was not surprised to see that she hadn't cancelled it by the next morning. Overall I would have preferred less nice and more competent all around. Definitely the worst Residence Inn I've been to, and I won't be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jennifer S, General Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize you had such a negative experience while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed. We have taken several steps to help ensure these situations don’t happen again. We hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, you will give the Residence Inn by Marriott Madison East another try if you find yourself in the Madison area again.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Five "girls" spent the weekend at this Residence Inn. What a wonderful experience. Greeted with warm cookies. Five of us in the suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, great game playing table and chairs and complete kitchen. Beds were soft and comfy, housekeeping did a fabulous job. Good flow in the breakfast area. Breakfast was the most extensive we've had. They even had sugar free syrup which is difficult to find for diabetics on the go. Front desk was very knowledge about activities in the area and quite capable of helping with directions. Good price for a group of 5--$199.99 senior rate for the suite/night.

Room Tip: When making a reservation be sure to tell your reservationist exactly who is in your group and their...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jennifer S, General Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us in July. It is always so great to hear that my staff and hotel have met or exceeded the expectations of our guests. I am very glad you had such a wonderful stay and I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Madison.

LaPorte, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rooms are nice,clean and big.Wife and I stayed in a one bed studio ,Full size fridge two burner stove top etc..For the two of us it was perfect.Nice pool ,spa was cold.Breakfast was excellant,only draw was coffee kept running out. The only real problem was parking a camper took up three spots and a car with a trailer took up three more ,people had to park at Comfort inn or Perkins. Two of the kids and their 2 boy's stayed in a 2-bedroom real nice, only kitchen difference the had oven with 4 burners.

Room Tip: Stay on third floor ,floors are thin you hear every foot step above
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us in July. It is always so great to hear that my staff and hotel have met or exceeded the expectations of our guests. I apologize that there was a lack of parking spots in our lot and that you were forced to park at Perkins. Please know we do our best to accommodate every one of our guests and that this is something we will do our best to keep from happening again in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Madison.

Loomis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks, without one complaint. This Hotel was recently updated, clean and the Staff was extremely friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: All rooms have been recently renovated and all have easy access to the Lobby and stairwells.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I felt some trepidation when I walked in and could smell the fresh paint. The main lobby/breakfast area was under reconstruction and it looked pretty bad when I checked in. I was not looking forward to the four nights I would be there.
But then I got to my room. It felt huge and had a great layout. The color scheme was friendly, but understated.
I loved having a full-sized fridge and decent microwave. The bed was comfortable and I was actually able to find a pillow that was not too big or too soft for my preferences.
The breakfasts were the best I've had in a residence type hotel, and the evening meals were simple but good.
If I could, I'd love to go back once the remodeling is done. It was a great stay, in spite of the construction.
Plus the staff was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pleasant View, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Marriott chain hotels, and rarely have anything remotely bad to say, but this is one of those times. Upon arriving I encountered construction, to the point I felt unsafe even entering. There was excess dust and something not right with the air in the building. Throughout my stay I would classify all the entrances/exits as "unsafe" due to the construction. The workers were also cutting tile in the parking lot (near the entrances) without any safety measures in place. The hotel is immediately adjacent to the Red Roof Inn & after 7pm I was seriously disturbed by a semi backing into the parking lot, whiched seemed to take forever. Given the construction and condition of the building it was absolutely unfair to be charged the full rate for the hotel, if anything it should be closed until the construction is complete.

Stayed March 2012
Jennifer S, General Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Residence Inn Madison, WI another try next time you stay in the area.

Been to Residence Inn Madison East? Share your experiences!